Guest HuntingPaper

WCS Action Steel (Knockdown) Match @ Old Bridge 11/13/10

Guest HuntingPaper

Who's going? I'm interested on it.

Guest HuntingPaper

Action Steel is much better than static. However I will not be attending. Will be at CJ on Sunday for USPSA.

Can't do both like me?

Guest HuntingPaper

Just got more information from the Match Director:

We will have 4 stages – three will require movement, shooting from box-to-box at up to 40 targets on a stage. The targets will be “clustered” in groups of anywhere from 5 to 10 targets – you shoot the first cluster then move to the next box and shoot the cluster facing that box, etc. Start may be from behind a barricade, or from a seated position, or from a solitary box, etc. – we’ll decide during set-up. There will be a time limit (The same limit for all three stages)just to keep the match moving but the time will be long enough for anyone who has done some competitive shooting to complete the stage within that time. (This limit may change between now and Saturday but I doubt it.) Your score for these stages will be the time it took to knock down all the targets on that stage or, in the event that you have passed the time limit, the time limit plus 5 seconds for each target that remained standing after the time has expired.

Holsters will be required; at least 4 magazines will be required; no more than 10 rounds in any magazine at any time – no “stoking” the gun at start. So, assuming 40 targets on a specific stage, you would need 4 mags of 10 rounds each, assuming no misses to hit all targets, so bring more. You may use Hi-Caps but loaded only to 10 rounds.

We’re assuming 160 as the minimum round count – bring more as you personally decide.

One stage will be a standard “Knockdown” stage of up to 40 targets that will be shot from a fixed position behind a table – Start is loaded gun, muzzle touching the table-top. We’ll use the results of this stage as “tie-breaker” if needed.

You may shoot more than one gun provided that each gun is in a separate Division.

You may shoot any center-fire handgun.

.22 rimfire pistol is disadvantageous because it usually doesn’t have enough power to knockdown the target, at least that’s what I’ve found to be the case, especially regarding the poppers we’ll be using.

You may shoot .22 rimfire carbine – the targets do go down.

You may shoot pistol-caliber carbine, except M1 .30 Caliber Carbine.

You may shoot Shotgun – Pump or Semi-auto, low brass, no heavier than 7.5 bird-shot – NO slugs!

First shots scheduled for 9:00am; get to range by 8:30 to sign up, gear up, etc.

We hope to finish the match by 1:30pm the latest but earlier as we usually do – depends on total number of shooters.

Cash awards based upon World Class Steel “Lewis System.”

Mon-members - $20 for first gun, $10 for each additional gun.

Guest HuntingPaper

WOW, is today a picture perfect day for shooting or what! Video is downloading.

Can't wait to see how much I suck... It was fun today and great to meet you.

Same here. Video should be done in less than 10 Minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mospeed?feature=mhsn#g/u

I got footage of Andy as well, if you guys know him forward the link to him.

Thanks

Moose

Can't wait to see how much I suck... It was fun today and great to meet you.

Guest megaman

OH boy!! That looks like fun!

I spent the day blasting birds flying...not like steel, but def action shooting..

Please let me know when they are having the next one. I am in!

Guest HuntingPaper

OH boy!! That looks like fun!

I spent the day blasting birds flying...not like steel, but def action shooting..

Please let me know when they are having the next one. I am in!

Until Spring... They will have indoor matches with frangible ammo. CJ has static steel all year around, next one is December 5th.