Sign in to follow this  
Tom-NJ2AS

Stack on Safe - Decent enough deal?

I have a similar Stack On safe that I bought five years ago. It does the job for me even though I know that there are better safes available. At the time I had a kid in college and funds were limited. I paid right around $500.00 for mine back then. If anyone breaks in and tries to get my guns they are going to have to work for them. I used to keep them in a closet but as I acquired more, I figured I had more to lose so I bought the sfe.

Guest megaman

Hi Have one of these safes. Its a good safe. Not a highend safe, but does the job. The front door is really heavy, so you absolutely need to bolt the back of the safe to a wall, or just put alot of ammo in the back of the safe.

This will definitely keep your run of the mill robber away from your guns...

You have to remember that a safe is not the be all and end all of security. Given enough time and the right tools, any safe can be breached. What these safes do is slow down the burglar, hopefully to the point of discouragement, where they look for easier game. I have a small Stack-On safe in addition to a larger Fort Knox, they are both adequate for the intended purpose - as is the one you link to.

I might suggest that you look on Amazon. That's where I got mine. In addition to the best price I could find anywhere, it was free delivery - which I note the one from Dick's is not. Any safe is better than no safe - I learned the hard way and it cost me six firearms and other trinkets. So, as the Nike ad says: Just do it!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I know your funds are limited, but can you possibly save some to get the next size up? This will fill up quite fast. I was looking at something similar to this size, but went to the next size up. I'm sure glad I did. A larger safe is heavier and more difficult to move. Make sure you bolt it to the floor.

I know your funds are limited, but can you possibly save some to get the next size up? This will fill up quite fast. I was looking at something similar to this size, but went to the next size up. I'm sure glad I did. A larger safe is heavier and more difficult to move. Make sure you bolt it to the floor.

I know i will never have more than a couple of hand guns and maybe a shotgun and a rifle. I do not have time to shoot as it is. I saw this in the store and figured i can even put some paperwork in as well

Once you have the safe, it's interesting how things that you never thought about securing before become important to protect.

Besides the gun stuff, I have camera equipment, a couple of backup laptops, some filled hard drives, software disks, important papers, a couple of other family things that I'd like not to lose, and some other miscellaneous crap. Don't be too surprised if it fills up faster than you expect.

Guest megaman

i will check amazons. i know the dicks in brick has it in stock. I just want something to throw in the garage and know my children cannot get into.

thanks

Forget amazon, go to walmart.com and type in gun safes...waaay cheaper there..

I know i will never have more than a couple of hand guns and maybe a shotgun and a rifle. I do not have time to shoot as it is.

Yeah, that's what I said when I first bought my handgun and shotgun. It didn't work out that way for me. Just get the biggest you can afford. You'll fill it up sooner or later.