Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

Anti Gunners say Starbuck will loose money

Remember all that hullabaloo about Open Carry at Starbuck's earlier this year?

And how the Anti Gunners said they'd boycott, and Starbuck's will lose money?

Well, David Workman of Seattle Gun Rights Examiner says they're full of hot air.

Starbucks is reporting big earnings during the third quarter. The coffee giant reported yesterday that earnings had risen to $278.9 million, or 37 cents per share. That’s up significantly over last year’s third quarter earnings report of $150 million and 20 cents a share.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/starbucks-redux-money-talks-and-b-s-walks

• Like 2

As much as I don't like to spend $5 for a cup of bad coffee, I have gong to Starbucks a couple times since this story aired. I have told the employee ringing me up that I am buying from them because they support the 2A rights of American citizens. Most of the kids don't know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

As much as I don't like to spend $5 for a cup of bad coffee, I have gong to Starbucks a couple times since this story aired. I have told the employee ringing me up that I am buying from them because they support the 2A rights of American citizens. Most of the kids don't know what I'm talking about.

And I'm gonna keep and eye open for Starbucks on the way to work.

I usually stop at Drunk'en Dognuts for a cup of coffee and a bagle or a croissant, driving right past one of those BMW magnets every day. After that story broke I started stopping in once or twice a month just to support them. Truth be told I don't really like their coffee (or the snobbish class of a**-clowns that frequent the place) but I will admit their croissants are really freakin' good... :)

Last I heard they were looking at filing a trademark infringement suit against the Brady Bunch for this:

starbucks-and-guns.gif

I haven't heard anything but the tool-bags at Brady are still using it...

• Like 1

I usually stop at Drunk'en Dognuts for a cup of coffee and a bagle or a croissant, driving right past one of those BMW magnets every day. After that story broke I started stopping in once or twice a month just to support them. Truth be told I don't really like their coffee (or the snobbish class of a**-clowns that frequent the place) but I will admit their croissants are really freakin' good... :)

Last I heard they were looking at filing a trademark infringement suit against the Brady Bunch for this:

starbucks-and-guns.gif

I haven't heard anything but the tool-bags at Brady are still using it...

I'm tempted to have the ? changed to ! and hang it above my desk at work. that's a decent motto..

I didn't go to SB's before the 2A issue. Now I do and I always let them know that I am there because of their corporate position on the right to carry. Many times I have been asked if I am carrying or if I am a cop, and I tell them my policy is Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

Starbucks could file a Trademark suit to force the Brady Campaign to pay the legal fees to defend, but I think that there's no way Starbucks could win. It's protected speech (political commentary and/or satire).

Nice job on the photoshop, j0n!