autoxnyc

She Said YES!

Congrats! When you figure out a "budget" for the wedding multiply by 3! When trying to determine how much money you'll make back in gifts divide by 3! Got married 2 years ago and am still paying for it. :facepalm:

Not a bad idea at all!

I got married 25 years ago, and I'm still paying, also.

We had a local wedding because of our parents. Kristen will say what she will, but we had the wedding where "she" wanted it. It was a great place and I would do it the same all over again.

Had circumstances been different, a week in vegas and getting married by Elvis would do also.

You will become very familiar with the term yes dear. The wedding is not about a guy, it's about the bride. Men couldn't care less about the day, as long as their bride is happy. Just saying. Oh and don't let the photographer keep you taking pics and missing the fun.

We had a local wedding because of our parents. Kristen will say what she will, but we had the wedding where "she" wanted it. It was a great place and I would do it the same all over again.

Had circumstances been different, a week in vegas and getting married by Elvis would do also.

You will become very familiar with the term yes dear. The wedding is not about a guy, it's about the bride. Men couldn't care less about the day, as long as their bride is happy. Just saying. Oh and don't let the photographer keep you taking pics and missing the fun.

As a former wedding photographer, I have to say that is the very worst advice you can give a couple.

Yeah, it'll seem like the photographer is getting in the way of a good time, but years from now, when all you have to remember one of the most important days of your lives (hopefully) are the photos, you'll thank the photographer for being insistent about getting the shots.

People grow old, people die, and the photos of their participation at your wedding is one the greatest ways to keep their memory alive for you.

The relationship between wedding photographers and their clients is one of the reasons I stopped shooting weddings.

We have to deal with people for a year or more, and every day before the wedding, the photographer is a very important part of the event. Every day after the wedding, until the albums are delivered, the photographer is a very important part of the event, on on the day of the wedding, the photographer is an obnoxious piece of shlt, keeping you from having a good time, keeping you from getting falling down drunk, and keeping you in your gown and tux so your pictures of the last parts of your reception (cake, garter, bouquet) don't look like someone dragged a couple of street people in to stand in for the couple who looked so regal at the ceremony.

Thanks for all the congrats and advice. It feels a little surreal at first but it is settling in slowly haha.

I need to learn the art of keeping the wife happy to have a happy life :icon_e_biggrin:

She's not into shooting but at least she has no problem with me spending some time and money on my toys. In fact she got me a White Oak national match upper last Xmas :icon_cool:

FA18.jpg