Cemeterys Gun Blob

Tired Old Anti Gun nonsense

With all these anti gun articles being published, it never ceases to amaze me that this tired old argument comes out;

When the Constitution was written, the 2A was about muzzle loaders. No way could the Founders forsee modern day firearms.

Anybody have any others?

I have a few, but my head hurts from reading anti gun nonsense topped off with fear and paranoia.

James Madison, writing as "Publius", in Federalist Papers #46 justified the public right to bear arms so the states could defend themselves from federal take over. In England, at that time, there was no standing national army. The king would have local, similar to our counties, forces to do his bidding. Madison thought that our new government should have a national force balanced with a local antidote. The states agreed. 2A was born.

• Like 2

That would mean the first amendment wouldn't apply to computers and the internet, because they had no way of knowing about them.

This is why the FCC has been trying to take over the internet lately.

but I thought these same people think the Constitution is a Living Document of guidelines that changes as time goes on. Or is it just for their agenda and causes?

As for the founders not knowing about firing pins or computers, without being specific, they knew there would be future advancements and innovations and inserted in the constitution the means to change it. 2/3 of legislative and 3/4 of the states gets it done.

• Like 2

As for the founders not knowing about firing pins or computers, without being specific, they knew there would be future advancements and innovations and inserted in the constitution the means to change it. 2/3 of legislative and 3/4 of the states gets it done.

Best counterpoint I've heard on the whole muzzleloader nonsense.

• Like 1

These anti-gunners are the people who think our government has our best interests at heart and will always be there to protect us... just goes to show the stupidity this country is full of. I'm not saying there "out to get us", but the point is this will and always will keep them from going into the "police state" type of control. It a systems of balance, wait what am i talking about half these people can't balance there own check books. Its called preventative maintenance, another thing these people dont understand. The 2A is not there to battle our own troops and fight our own govn't, its supposed to deture that from ever happening. A govn't should be afraid of its own people, were in the shitter(almost there!) when they feel that we are of no threat to them.

They have no logic on this issue what so ever, i keep hearing the same crap over and over with not a single shred of evidence to back it. They can keep tabs on guns in this country better with out violating any ones rights, they choose to do it the stupid way...and then blame everyone else. I could think of 10 different ways off the top of my head to make the whole process not only easier and more efficient, but also keep them out of the wrong hands.

Here

http://seriesandtv.com/saturday-night-live-with-gwyneth-paltrow-and-cee-lo-green-video-recap/4820

(fourth video down)

Seth Meyers basically compares the 2A to slave ownership since the Founding Fathers were slave owners, and again, says only muzzleloaders are covered under the 2A.