Sign in to follow this  
Turboprop21

Walther P22

Just picked up Walther P22 for some plinking. While searching for goodies I found this:

http://www.tacticalinc.com/walther-thread-adapterbrand-flash-hider-combo-p-433.html

Was wondering if this is NJ legal,website says they'll ship it but I'm not putting my trust on that. Mainly I'm just interested in the thread adapter mainly for cosmetics since suppressors are a big no go.

People run comp's all the time on competition pistols. If the gun was sold with a threaded barrel, take advantage of it. Specifically, the law states that for handguns, two or more of the following would be a no-go. You have only 1 so you're in the clear.

ii. A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at

least two of the following:

(1) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor,

forward handgrip, or silencer;

(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and

that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being

burned;

(4) Manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and/or

(5) A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm; and

Just picked up Walther P22 for some plinking. While searching for goodies I found this:

http://www.tacticali...ombo-p-433.html

Was wondering if this is NJ legal,website says they'll ship it but I'm not putting my trust on that. Mainly I'm just interested in the thread adapter mainly for cosmetics since suppressors are a big no go.

That kist shouldn't be any problem in NJ

What barrel length is you P22? If it's not the 5" this something you can get to make it basically 2 guns in one.

By the way, how do you like the gun, the P22 is my next 22LR pistol but have to wait 29 more days till I can pick it up.

Harry

Just sticking my head in here, but I am happy with my P22. It was the only .22 pistol that felt very comfortable in my hand (out of the mark III's, NEOS, Mosquito and Buckmark)and it has shot great, fed great, and functioned great for the 2 years I have had it so far.

It has also worked well in allowing my girlfriend to get acquainted with pistols. She loves it and shoots really well with it.

Harry,

Unfortunately I'm in the same position and day 30 comes this week so I haven't seen the gun yet. I'll report back maybe next week once I have the chance to take it out. I also picked up a pink P22 for the fiancée since everything else I have hurts her.

Sidenote: I did attempt to order this from the above link since the website said they'd ship it. Well after a day I received an email stating they will not ship to NJ. No biggie

I have a P22 and it has a couple of quirks:

it won't feed inexpensive *bargain 500* ammo very well and it is a real pain to reassemble - DO NOT LOSE that little guide rod extender thingy piece of plastic....

have un with it tho - it is GREAT for people with smallish hands and is therefore ideal for introducing people to shooting.

G

Well played fellas, well played. Sadly I'm only talking firearms here.

I know you were, and I'm glad you didn't take offense to it....I saw the opportunity and I just HAD to take it.

Back on topic, I have fired the P22 before. It seemed like a GREAT little pistol, just a little bit too small for my hands. I had planned on picking one up soon for the girlfriend, but an AR build got in the way :facepalm:

I know you were, and I'm glad you didn't take offense to it....I saw the opportunity and I just HAD to take it.

Back on topic, I have fired the P22 before. It seemed like a GREAT little pistol, just a little bit too small for my hands. I had planned on picking one up soon for the girlfriend, but an AR build got in the way :facepalm:

No worries I'm big joker myself, it's what gets me through the day.

I'm not sure if it matters to you or not, but when I bought mine I was careful to research the different model numbers. I wanted the WAP22003 model which has a removable barrel nut. The Cali legal CAP22003 does not.

No worries I'm big joker myself, it's what gets me through the day.

I'm not sure if it matters to you or not, but when I bought mine I was careful to research the different model numbers. I wanted the WAP22003 model which has a removable barrel nut. The Cali legal CAP22003 does not.

Exact same model I am looking at. If Shore Shot had some new ones there I'll buy one tomorrow and shoot it and let them keep it until my 30days are up. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning between 1000-1100.

Harry

I have one that my son shoots a lot. I've been using the .22 Federal bulk pack ammo from Caberla's with no problems. The gun has been very reliable, no FTE or FTF. I find it easy to break down or assemble.

I was wondering about the bulk ammo, I use 22LR Remington bulk in my Marlin lever action rifle and was hoping the P22 would like that ammo also, only have over 10 thousand rounds of it at the house

Harry

Stripping the P22 is easy, putting it back together and using that guide rod thingy and struggling to pull the slide back onto the rails is another thing.

Arrrrr, I typed a nice whole long process to getting getting around this.

Here is the short version, take the guide rod, put the spring on it compress the spring all the way, insert the guide rod through the hole on the slide and hold the guide rod with compressed spring and install the slide on the frame. When the slide is installed over the barrel let go of the guide rod and finish the rest as normal.

Harry

Arrrrr, I typed a nice whole long process to getting getting around this.

Here is the short version, take the guide rod, put the spring on it compress the spring all the way, insert the guide rod through the hole on the slide and hold the guide rod with compressed spring and install the slide on the frame. When the slide is installed over the barrel let go of the guide rod and finish the rest as normal.

Harry

Hmmm interesting. I'm a little confused but I'm definitely going to try that. On the forums they say bend the end of the spring open just a fraction of an inch and it'll help but I didn't want to do that.

Hmmm interesting. I'm a little confused but I'm definitely going to try that. On the forums they say bend the end of the spring open just a fraction of an inch and it'll help but I didn't want to do that.

It's real easy just put the spring on the guide rod and compress the spring all the way, slide the guide rod through the hole on the slide and hole and hold the section of the guide rod that sticks out the front. This will be the slide with the guide rod with compressed spring in the inside and the rod sticking out the front with you holding it. now just install the slide on the frame and your done.

I probably didn't explain it great but try it a time or 2 and you will say, wow that was an easy solution. :icon_e_biggrin:

Harry

I have a P22 and it has a couple of quirks:

it won't feed inexpensive *bargain 500* ammo very well and it is a real pain to reassemble - DO NOT LOSE that little guide rod extender thingy piece of plastic....

have un with it tho - it is GREAT for people with smallish hands and is therefore ideal for introducing people to shooting.

G

I have a p22 it tends to like the thunderbolt ammo.. Dirty a** stuff though....

It is possible to field strip it without that plastic thing... I lost mine so I had to learn how.