Scottcba1

Entering into the 22lr. world but cant decide how...

Well I finally got to take my new MP 15-22 to the range and man what a fun gun this is! I am very happy with my decision to buy this gun.

I picked up a 500rd box of American Eagle at Bob Kislins on Rt.37 for a relatively cheap price and headed to SS. I had no intentions of shooting the whole box but about an hour later they were all gone!!! :icon_e_surprised::icon_mrgreen: The gun fired flawlessly. No hipcups, or failures of any sort. My 15rd. magazine from rrages.com was well worth the money as well. I was shooting at 15yards for most of the time and I did pretty good! I cant wait to take this thing outdoors and have some fun!!!

I added a couple pics...first one with the three groupings were my first 75rds. Center mass was at 10yrds and the other two were at 15yrds. Second pic was about 275rds of the 500rd afternoon. These were at 15yds.

-Scott

post-1333-0-76836500-1299021766_thumb.jpg

post-1333-0-82418500-1299021772_thumb.jpg

After firing are reading up on ammunition for the 15 22, I have found that mine likes CCI best, have been using the AR Tactical with zero problems, Federal bulk is okay but I do get some FTF every once in a while. Stay away from all Remington-golden and thunderbolt. The book that came with the MP 15 22 suggests what works best with the rifle as it can be paticular with ammunition.