Tom-NJ2AS

Operation Establish Compliance

Donation In!!!!

Thank you!

There is more to the fight than just the 30 days, how about all the extra paperwork? =)

Agreed. There are several components to this problem - exceeding the 30 day limit, the additional forms, the requirement to notarize, the spouse letter, the household member letter, the blanket authorization for release of background information including banks, credit agencies, etc., the additional fees, the 30 day wait for an appointment at Sagem Morpho, the actual language on the forms, the notification of employers and educational institutions - there's a lot to choose from. The goal is not to try and fix all of them at once. The goal is to focus on one or two or three that are the clearest violations, with the greatest chances for success and the most probability to result in favorable case law that can be used to our advantage in the future. This is a chess match, and, like in chess, the opening is critical. And that is what this is, an opening... we are opening a new front in the war against bad gun law in New Jersey and it's WE that are doing it - the guys and gals on this forum and others. Nobody's pulling the reins. Nobody is looking over our shoulder. We are making this happen.

I sent an e-mail to the njShoot mailing list regarding this, and put a notice of the effort in the Community New & Announcements area of the site.

This is a more basic goal than CCW or AWB reform. This goes directly to the ability of the shooting community to grow and prosper, and I think everyone whose livelihood depends, even in part, on the continued growth and health of the community should be behind this effort 100%.

If people are illegally intimidated and coerced to the point where the growth of the community suffers, then the businesses that depend on a healthy shooting economy will suffer as well.

Good luck with the effort, guys.

K

• Like 3

$3,435 23% of goal (that's not a typo)!

Many thanks to those who have contributed.

I will be giving an update and discussing a bit more about our strategy at tonight's meeting. Some things I can't post.

Any thoughts on trying to unseat Fred *One Gun a Month* Madden this year? I want to donate $$ to his #1 rival.

Any thoughts on trying to unseat Fred *One Gun a Month* Madden this year? I want to donate $$ to his #1 rival.

That's a very, very good question. I think if he and Greenwald both lost their jobs this year, that would send quite a message.

$8,020 53% of goal.

We're on the downhill side now. It seems that our current lawsuit seeking access to NJSP's firearms application guidebook has proven beyond any doubt that we are willing to go to the mat on this.

Thank you to all who have donated. We may have a decision in our current lawsuit as early as July and we are hard at work planning the next step in OEC.

Please keep spreading the word. Every little bit helps.