Sign in to follow this  
robot_hell

F2F w/ P2P about to expire

I have a pistol permit that's going to expire on Wed. I found a great deal on GB that I can't pass up, so I want to do a face to face. The problem is that I can only make the transaction on Wed-- no time to get to the PD to extend. Any legal issues with doing a last minute face to face pistol sale? By the time the permit gets to the SP it will be expired.

I have a pistol permit that's going to expire on Wed. I found a great deal on GB that I can't pass up, so I want to do a face to face. The problem is that I can only make the transaction on Wed-- no time to get to the PD to extend. Any legal issues with doing a last minute face to face pistol sale? By the time the permit gets to the SP it will be expired.

Call your PD. Mine didn't even want to do an extension until the week after the permits expired. It's usually not a big deal, took me all of 10 minutes.

You have 90 days, so count em up, feb. ends today a couple days short, so you may have more time then you think. I think most PD's go my month date, which would be 93 days.. not sure why, i guess it's easier to just go by 3 months then 90 days, but it is 90 days not 3 months.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to get it extended so I can make the deal without worrying.

So what happens if someone buys a pistol with a permit that's expired, and the seller doesn't notice it? State police come a knocking?

good question lol, not sure i would want to find out.

I went to east brunswick to have permits extended and she grabs them and tells me the detectivr needs to approve them and that I will get a letter with decision. Does this make sense??

There's nothing that states they have to give you an extension, but then again I've never seen someone denied an extension.