Sign in to follow this  
Socom

vltor stock on m1a socom

Be careful. I believe the SOCOM muzzle brake is threaded on the barrel. The threaded barrel is your one allowed evil feature. Putting a pistol grip on would be a big no no. The pinned collapsible stock you can do to any SA rifle in NJ, doesn't count as an evil feature because you made it a fixed stock.

Be careful. I believe the SOCOM muzzle brake is threaded on the barrel. The threaded barrel is your one allowed evil feature. Putting a pistol grip on would be a big no no. The pinned collapsible stock you can do to any SA rifle in NJ, doesn't count as an evil feature because you made it a fixed stock.

The muzzle brake is integral to the rifle, removing it would cause the gun to become a single-shot weapon as you would be removing the gas system.

The muzzle brake is integral to the rifle, removing it would cause the gun to become a single-shot weapon as you would be removing the gas system.

My interpretation is that I doubt NJ cares much. If the barrel is threaded, and the brake is not pin/welded.. it is a threaded barrel (aka evil feature). Even if the gun doesn't work without the brake, that is still constructive possession. So my logic is that the threaded barrel is the only evil feature is all you can have, and if you put an additional evil feature on the SOCOM or any M1A for that matter it would trigger the AW definition.

My interpretation is that I doubt NJ cares much. If the barrel is threaded, and the brake is not pin/welded.. it is a threaded barrel (aka evil feature). Even if the gun doesn't work without the brake, that is still constructive possession. So my logic is that the threaded barrel is the only evil feature is all you can have, and if you put an additional evil feature on the SOCOM or any M1A for that matter it would trigger the AW definition.

Good thing I sold mine then. :icon_e_confused: