Steve_G

Was thinking about a fun 10/22

I was going to get a 10/22 for some cheap range fun. Then started reading about their lack of accuracy, so I figured I could just change the barrel, trigger and stock. After adding all that up I said what the hell, spend a couple hundred more and get a full custom built 10/22 from Tony Kidd. At least it will still be cheap to shoot. Can't wait until the weather breaks.

001-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

I was going to get a 10/22 for some cheap range fun. Then started reading about their lack of accuracy, so I figured I could just change the barrel, trigger and stock. After adding all that up I said what the hell, spend a couple hundred more and get a full custom built 10/22 from Tony Kidd. At least it will still be cheap to shoot. Can't wait until the weather breaks.

I don't know how accurate you were looking for, but I've never heard about 10/22s being inaccurate. I have two, completely stock except one has Tech Sights, and they consistently shoot sub-MOA.

All I did to my stock 10/22 was add a Lyman 2.5X scope and I also did a trigger job. I bought the gun used but "like new" many years ago for $125. It's surprisingly accurate as-is.

I like 10-22 and will get one sooner or later. I am just scared of going full tilt on all the aftermarket stuff.

swwet looking 10-22. What did it run you? if you don't mind me asking that is.

I got a 10/22 and love it. When I first got it, while it was still in its preserving oil I fired 1,050 rounds through it without one jam before cleaning it. I now pick my ammo out of the misfire can at the range and it eats it up. Most of the stuff just has light strikes from tricked out guns with light springs. Accuracy is bleh with mixed brands/velocity but I plink a steel swinger so whatever :)

New 10/22s from the last two or three years are chock full of plastic parts. If you care about that, get an older one. All metal.

I prefer bolt action 22s, but I would take a Marlin 60 over the Ruger. That's just me though.