djg0770

Exhaust help?

Dan..... here is that guy I mentioned

http://mufflerdan.net/

Funny how things seem to mirror one another. I am actually planning on going to see him either tomorrow or Friday to do a system for my Tundra. Have you ever dealt with him personally Troy? I have heard nothing but good things. I was considering going to Bruces Speed Shop in Rockaway, but heard some not very good stuff.

Funny how things seem to mirror one another. I am actually planning on going to see him either tomorrow or Friday to do a system for my Tundra. Have you ever dealt with him personally Troy? I have heard nothing but good things. I was considering going to Bruces Speed Shop in Rockaway, but heard some not very good stuff.

Dont bother with Bruce.... unless you need Speed parts....

Dan did the duals on my Silverado a long time ago.... and the system has been perfect. Had it done in full stainless, and he will do all my future exhaust work..... GTO..... next truck..... whatever.... He is is old school. Takes his time, and it must be perfect in his eyes.... or he scraps the pipe and starts over....

You wont regret it.....

Thanks to everyone for their help and direction.

I ended up deciding I would just "man up" and fix it myself. I had to remove the old O2 sensor (required a pneumatic impact gun, PB Blaster and heat) and replace it with a new one, had to weld on a new inlet pipe to the catalytic (not pretty, but not completely ugly either and it's air tight), and an exhaust coupling along with some "Ghetto" brackets and I'm back in business.

Total cost was about $150 and included a new O2 sensor and a new tool (electric die grinder).

Thanks to everyone for their help and direction.

I ended up deciding I would just "man up" and fix it myself. I had to remove the old O2 sensor (required a pneumatic impact gun, PB Blaster and heat) and replace it with a new one, had to weld on a new inlet pipe to the catalytic (not pretty, but not completely ugly either and it's air tight), and an exhaust coupling along with some "Ghetto" brackets and I'm back in business.

Total cost was about $150 and included a new O2 sensor and a new tool (electric die grinder).

PB Blast is ok and well as Liquid Wrench, but if you might want to try mixing up a batch of this just to have around if you need it in the future.

Mix up a 50/50 mix of Diesel oil and acetone, has worked well in the past for me, squirt it on of drip it on and let sit a few hours and lots of time you will wonder how the bolt didn't just fall off. I did say most of the time.

Harry

what vehicle...i can see if i have a cat where i work for it...

I salvaged nearly everything. Prepping the cat took several evenings but once I had it prepped, I pulled the mig out into the backyard and had it welded up in 10 minutes on Saturday morning.