cliffwang

Project Shotgun ... looking for Used 500/870

I just bought a Mossberg 500 with 28" vented barrel for clay shooting from Dicks and really liked it. Took it out this weekend and it performed flawlessly.

Now looking at the threads on the forum, i kind of want to build a "tacticool" shotgun. If anyone has a used mossberg 500 or remington 870 that they are looking to part with, I'm currently looking to pick a used one up cheap. Synthetic preferably. As per my project of a "tacticool"/HD gun, the barrel legnth im looking for is 18.5".

Looked around on classifieds, didn't see any FS. Even looked at New Jersey Hunter Classifieds!!

I sure we have some members here who can part with one to fund another project! lol.

Any help is appreciated

My Tactical 870 should be coming in shortly.

Specs:

Action: Pump

Gauge: 12 GA

Barrel Length: 18 1/2" & 20.5" with breacher tube

Choke: Rem Chokes- Cylinder ported breacher tube

Sights: New out XS rail ghost right sights combo & big white dot front

Capacity: 6 + 1

Chamber: 3"

Length: 39"

Weight: 7 1/2 lbs

Drop: 1 1/2" @ Comb & 2 1/2" @ Heel

Stock: Synthetic

Finish: Black Oxide

*XS Adj GRS & rail combo Big white dot front

*Barrel tapped for choke tubes

*Ported Breacher choke tube

*receiver drilled & tapped

*Factory +2 tube ext kit

*Black Oxide finish

*870 Tactical on the receiver

*SpeedFeed LE forend

*New 870 polymer stock Remington is now putting on their 870 shotguns

extac3.jpg

I just bought a Mossberg 500 with 28" vented barrel for clay shooting from Dicks and really liked it. Took it out this weekend and it performed flawlessly.

Now looking at the threads on the forum, i kind of want to build a "tacticool" shotgun. If anyone has a used mossberg 500 or remington 870 that they are looking to part with, I'm currently looking to pick a used one up cheap. Synthetic / Wood doesnt matter. As per my project of a "tacticool"/HD gun, the barrel legnth im looking for is 18.5".

Looked around on classifieds, didn't see any FS. Even looked at New Jersey Hunter Classifieds!!

I sure we have some members here who can part with one to fund another project! lol.

Any help is appreciated

I do believe they have some used 870's here... http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/shotguns/remington/cPath/302_351

:dancing:

if you dont wanna spend alot, dicks sells the h&r pardner pump 12 gauge 18" for about 180.00 new, its basically an 870 clone, all the tacticool stuff should fit... good luck on your build...

For a plinker or a fun pump gun, yeah these are cool. Any serious home defense work then go with the mossy or 870.

• Like 1