Wow that's a service grade? Guess I got to get my butt in gear and get the paperwork out to them.

I posted it on the CMP Forums, they think its a Special Service Grade. Funny thing too because I looked at the Tag to get the throat and Muzzle numbers, and it says SP. Service HRA. I never got one from them before so I dunno. I am waiting to see what they say.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=44481

In anticipation of my M1 coming, I'm gonna order some ammo so I'm ready..

I see they have

.30-06 M2 Ball Greek HXP

200 RDS LOOSE IN .30 CAL CAN

for 98.00 + shipping, any other options i should consider?

this one has them in enbloc clips

M2 Ball, .30-06 Greek HXP

192 RDS IN .30 CAL CANS

8 less rounds but you get the enbloc clips, a few bucks less..

they both work out to be the same exact price .50 cents a round. I would personally go with the second option t hat way your not loading enbloc clips.

I ordered mine and received it in less than two weeks they are shipping pretty quickly

they both work out to be the same exact price .50 cents a round. I would personally go with the second option t hat way your not loading enbloc clips.

I ordered mine and received it in less than two weeks they are shipping pretty quickly

Cool.. thanks Matt

Once you get a vast collection of clips you can start ordering loose. Sometimes the CMP will have loose ammo waaaaaaay cheaper than on clips. I have enough clips to last me so I am about 50/50 when it comes to ordering. Sometimes in clips sometimes loose, all depends what kind of mood I'm in.

Ok so after drooling over these, I finally sent in my paperwork. I ordered an HRA Service grade special, 2 cans of ammo in clips and a bayonet. Now the waiting begins. It's like waiting for the prize at the bottom of a cracker jack box to see what you get....

Ok so after drooling over these, I finally sent in my paperwork. I ordered an HRA Service grade special, 2 cans of ammo in clips and a bayonet. Now the waiting begins. It's like waiting for the prize at the bottom of a cracker jack box to see what you get....

:locomotive:

welcome to the garand addiction..

I have 2 ar's and 2 mak 90's and an arsenal 74...the garands i have (3) are BY FAR the best guns i have, they shoot just perfect.

CMP is great to deal with and i will always say that people should get a garand there. Plus, they are NEVER gonna go down in value, CMP is such a bargain it is crazy

So how is the order handled now since it has to go to an FFL for NJ? Do you send a copy of the FFL with the paperwork, or just shipping address?

I sent a copy in with mine. I put Tony's address as my shipping address..

I guess we pay for nics twice in this deal tho, one at the CMP and when the transfer happens at the ffl.

I filled out my paperwork with my address, and included a copy of my local FFL's license. I noted on the copies to ship the rifle to the FFL per NJ law. The Spam can was shipped directly to me.

No problems with that.

Ah, happy to say my M1 is home, in my hands! Took just over 30 days, I ordered ammo last week and received both on the same day! It's pretty sweet, loaded with cosmo.. took apart most of the metal bits and I'm making some cosmo soup on the stove with them now.. smells like an Oldtimy gunshow.. My wife loves it.. :shocked:

Here are a few quick phone pics before I disassembled.

@ TJ's picking it up

IMG_20110518_181548.jpg

IMG_20110518_200140.jpg

Here are a few quick shots I took today of my HRA M1. This is a CMP Correct Grade. Bore looks 100%... Wood cleaned up nice after removing (almost) all of the cosmo. Overall I'm very impressed with the condition of this rifle. We'll see how she shoots tomorrow..

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg