Turboprop21

PSL POSP scope

Guys I need help with a PSL rifle I just picked up. It came with the standard POSP scope which didn't seem to mount easily. I got it to finally go after giving it some inspiration using a wooden block and mallet, and I wasn't happy with myself for doing so afterwards

Today I received the 8x42 POSP scope I bought and still no joy either. I've researched and the PSL mount is the same as a SVD, Dragunov, etc and differs from a AK mount, correct?

The scope gets snagged on the locking spacer controlled by the lever when I'm sliding right to left of course. I've tried tightening down the nut to compress the spring and bring the locking spacer up, no help. Only luck I've had was putting all tension off the spring by loosening the nut so the spacer is flush with the lower rail mounts and the scope slid on easily but of course wouldn't lock into place. But atleast I knew it was the right scope for the mount. Any suggestions? I'm getting aggrivated and any help is appreciated.

Yes, the rail is the same as SVD and differs from AK. I had a similar problem however mine was solved by simply loosening that nut on the scope. I loosened it untill I was JUST able to get it to slide on and lock. Try adjusting it some more, that should be the ticket. I dont see what else could be wrong.

Take the locking lug off, will the scope slide on ? If yes its an adjustment, also try and knock the sharp edges off the lug while you have it out with a file.

And don't be scarred if you need to tap it on with a plastic mallet do it by hitting the base only.

And not all PSL mounts are the same, I had to pick up a 60 degree end mill to modify the mount on 2 of my PSL's and have done the same for 2 other friends.

Also Kalinka Optics Warehouse sells the bottom mount so you can swap it out if needed