Sign in to follow this  
DblEGT

Welcoming a New Family Member Today: Beretta 92A1

Well, I pulled the trigger (pun intended) on a gun today..... a brandy-dandy new Beretta 92A1. Just picked her up today and couldn't be happier with my purchase.

A BIG Thank-you to all of you for all your help in offering your words of wisdom on this forum to assist me in making my final decision !!

:yahoo:

Good luck with your new addition! I have purchased one as well, but I won't be eligible to take it home for another couple of weeks.

Why the wait? I ordered mine on Monday, it came in today, and I went and picked it up....very easy.

Congrats Eric! You made a great purchase! Best of luck with it and I hope it brings many years of fun at the range.

Many Thanks Tony ! Appreciate it. Looking forward to bringing my new baby to the range next weekend (unfortunately, no time this weekend :icon_cry:)

Finally picked mine up yesterday. I love my Glocks, but I must admit that this baby is a beauty. Took it right over to Cherry Ridge, where I put about 100 rounds through it without a glitch. Pretty sweet shooter as well.

Give it another few hundred rounds and it will break in a little and accuracy will increase a lot.

Oh and get a "D" spring asap to ease the double action trigger pull

Give it another few hundred rounds and it will break in a little and accuracy will increase a lot.

Oh and get a "D" spring asap to ease the double action trigger pull

I totally agree... Mine has only gotten better as I've been using it. I've got about 1200 rounds through it already, in the last 2.5 months. I've also fine tuned my own reloading recipe for my 92A1 and the darned thing is a tack-driver now. I've shot 2" groups from 15 yrd, to the point where the group creates one big jagged hole. It's great!

The D Spring is definitely a great and easy modification that will make a big difference. It eases up the DA pull by a couple of lbs, but also lightens up the SA pull just a bit as well (I think by 1 lb).