bry@n

High Cap mag question

The glock 17 17 round mags, are you able to just swap out the spring to make it a legal 10 rounder?

If the mag can only hold 10 rounds, but has cut outs for 17 rounds, is it still illegal?

PK90 answered a similar question of mine some time ago. The 17rd mag has to be modified/glued permanently to hold no more than 15 rds to make it NJ legal. Once it's modified, it has to be permanent. With the nature of the Glock mags, it cannot be disassembled for cleaning or maintenance.

Paul should be able to confirm.

"Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container, which is

capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly

therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. A large capacity ammunition magazine that has been

permanently altered so that it is not capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition will

cease to be defined as a "large capacity ammunition magazine." An ammunition magazine, which

has been temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 15 rounds, as by a piece of wood

or a pin, is still considered to be a "large capacity ammunition magazine."

"Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container, which is

capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly

therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. A large capacity ammunition magazine that has been

permanently altered so that it is not capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition will

cease to be defined as a "large capacity ammunition magazine." An ammunition magazine, which

has been temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 15 rounds, as by a piece of wood

or a pin, is still considered to be a "large capacity ammunition magazine."

As I recall - this is a quote from the AG guidelines and is NOT the law.

It's a quote from NJAC Title 13 Chapter 54 - maybe one of the lawyers can explain this?

bryan you could probably trade them out to someone on a differ forum. how did you come about 17 rnds mags in jersey?

I didn't come about them. I have a buddy in PA that sold his G17 and offered them to me. I said I would take them if I could figure a way to get them legal. I have plenty of 10 rounders and the g17 isn't my HD gun, so I have no need for 17 rounders. Since I can't find a way to legally own them, it's not worth my time nor any possible legal issues.