M4BGRINGO

Finally got to shoot it!

A friend told me he loves his Izmash Saiga 7.62 x 39 rifle, so I looked-around for one and found that Paul, PK90 on here, sells them (among a LOT of other guns/ammo/supplies).

Well, a month ago I drove down to meet Paul and get one. Have not had a chance to shoot it until today. Man, that thing was GREAT!

For the price of the gun and the price for ammo, you can't go wrong. My buddy and I went through 100 rounds today at Brick Armory. He has a nice AR but now may need to get an AK like mine. No pistol grip yet, looks like a hunting rifle.

At the end of the 2 hour session (I brought several guns to shoot) we both did a pretty rapid fire round each, 10 shots at 25 yards. I hit inside the 9 and 10 circle in less than 15 seconds, iron sights. For me, that is just fine. :icon_mrgreen:

If you want cheap shooting fun that has a kick, gotta talk to Paul about these rifles!

I also had my new Ruger 10/22. It was like shooting a pellet gun. I actually shot 10 inside the 10 circle at 25 yards. I'd rather be lucky than good!

Ok, next time I go to Brick Armory I'll snap some shots. They have a very nice indoor range there. I have never been to Shore Shot, they are right around the corner from each other.

Here's the crew we took today: Ruger 10/22, Springfield Armory 1911, and the Saiga.

Ruger_Saiga_SA1911_Small.jpg

I'm not sure about the conversion question. I bought the rifle brand-new from PK90. I may eventually do a pistol grip and trigger on it. Right now, I am very happy with it the way it is. Certainly does not look menacing in it's present form. Even with the 10 round mags in it, still looks mild compared to my friends AR!

if you like it now.. wait till you convert it.. you will not believe it..

the fire control group the gun comes with is so awful it feels like it is made out of rocks and duct tape.. awful..

G2 (or many of the other options) makes all the difference in the world.. totally different gun post conversion.. but glad you liked it.. my Saiga 12 gauge is sitting right next to me..

• Like 1

I'm curious that gun case did you get it with a manitou dorado pro fork, I have the same case and it came with my fork?

like this http://dirt.mpora.com/news/2010-manitou-dorados.html

Ha! I needed a cheap gun case and found that one at Dicks Sporting Goods! My shotguns won't fit unless I take the barrels off, but it was great for my shorter guns.