themick

Purchaser ID Change of Address

Being new to the forum I am unsure if this is the proper place to ask this question. Just moved to a new town and have a Purchaser ID Card with my old information. On the application there is a "change of address". Is the process the same as obtaining a new ID. Also has anyone ever heard of an SBI 212A Form(think this is what its called), which I understand is a simple name check. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Same PD?

Not acceptable.

No, it was through the NJSP. My town is very small and doesn't have a PD. Change of address and 2 pistol permits took almost 6 months. Yeah I agree, not acceptable... but had no recourse besides to keep calling every other week after 2.5 months went by, and kept checking in for a status. I'm sure the troopers thought I was a pain in the butt, but I was very cordial and polite with them, and so were they.

changed address from Trenton to North Brunswick on FID card.. took about 4 months.. (this was 2001)..

also.. after getting multiple pistol permits (in North Brunswick), if I waited more then 6 months between I was told I'd have to be reprinted and PAY again.. :( (damn games)..

so I bought 6 guns in 4 months back in 2002.. $$$

Being new to the forum I am unsure if this is the proper place to ask this question. Just moved to a new town and have a Purchaser ID Card with my old information. On the application there is a "change of address". Is the process the same as obtaining a new ID. Also has anyone ever heard of an SBI 212A Form(think this is what its called), which I understand is a simple name check. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Yes, the process, for all intents and purposes, is identical to when you applied initially for your FPID card. The SBI 212A is a non-criminal background check and is done in leiu of fingerprinting (since your prints are already in the system from your original FPID). The charge for that should have been $18.

By statute, as Paul indicated, you should have your new card within 30 days. In reality, it depends on the municipality, and as others have indicated, it could take a great deal longer. The NJ2AS is currently undertaking "Operation Compliance", an attempt to get local & State PD's to comply with existing laws, which, if successful, should put everyone in the 30 day approval window.

I assume that you've already changed your DL, so the two documents (FPID & DL) will have matching addresses when the PD comes through. Then you'll be GTG. Welcome to the forum.

Adios,

Pizza Bob