Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Storm trigger complete-- one final question

Well, I finally got to the CX4 trigger replacement. Thanks to all who helped with my initial questions. You were all correct, it wasn't that bad.

But one quick follow-up-- maybe I just never noticed before but does the bolt release lever ("slide" release) seem a bit loose when the the bolt is forward? Seems tight to the body when the bolt is back, but there is some play when it's forward. It's hooked into that little circular notch as it's supposed to be, and everything functions. But I just don't remember it being loose.

Thanks again.

Also, one other thing-- after the trigger is pulled and the hammer released, is there also supposed to be a little play in the trigger? That is, once you let go after firing and let it reset after dry firing, can you pull it a little bit (with a bit of spring resistance against it)?

My slide release is also floppy. I had never noticed it before and compared it to a new rifle at the shop. The new one was less floppy, but still had more play than I remembered mine having. They suggested I shoot it and if something breaks, send it in for warranty repair.

Too bad Beretta doesn't have a Gen II CX4 with a full length top rail and NO sights. This way you could install your own sights and optics would co-witness easily. I like yours dude! Nice light too!

Well, I finally got to the CX4 trigger replacement. Thanks to all who helped with my initial questions. You were all correct, it wasn't that bad.

But one quick follow-up-- maybe I just never noticed before but does the bolt release lever ("slide" release) seem a bit loose when the the bolt is forward? Seems tight to the body when the bolt is back, but there is some play when it's forward. It's hooked into that little circular notch as it's supposed to be, and everything functions. But I just don't remember it being loose.

Thanks again.

I noticed the same thing on mine. I'm glad to hear that it is normal.