joshg138

new CX4

Here's my newest acquisition. It is a Beretta CX4 in 9mm. The scope is a BSA 45 MOA red dot. The vertical grip I picked up from Beretta during their recent sale. The bottom I picked up the bottom rail from houtsenterprises.com. The sling was home made using items from strapworks. I found the directions here (http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/570226299rlZvGE). I'm thinking about getting a Moerse Lekker barrel shroud, but I'm not sure about that one yet. Does anyone have any experience with that shroud?

I took it out to Shore Shot to sight it in, and it was just about perfect out of the box. I hope to bring it to Ft. Dix this week to dial it in at 50 yards, and to see how it is at 100.

So far, I absolutely love this rifle.

IMAG0248.jpg

I have the shroud on mine and make sure you tighten down on the retaining screw otherwise the shroud will fly off with a round! I've seen it twice, once on my rifle and another time at the Bullet Hole a guy had the same thing happen. Great rifle bro. Not a fan of your optic, but that's just me.

I have the shroud on mine and make sure you tighten down on the retaining screw otherwise the shroud will fly off with a round! I've seen it twice, once on my rifle and another time at the Bullet Hole a guy had the same thing happen. Great rifle bro. Not a fan of your optic, but that's just me.

Thanks for the tip with the set screw. I don't love the optic myself, but it is my first red-dot, and didn't want to go straight to one that is $300+. I also wanted one that would co-witness with the irons, so I had pretty limited options.

I have pretty much the same set up only a Tasco Red dot and a cheap front grip. I put in the SierraPapa trigger, hammer, reduced power hammer spring, stainless steel guide rod, and bolt to recoil spring. http://www.sierrapapacx4.com/

I reload 124g. with Power Pistol which is a good powder for the Beretta sub-carbine. Very accurate and at the USPSA matches, I can shoot with the best of the ARs at 50 yards.

I don't like the shroud as it is just for show, scratches the barrel and can only hurt accuracy.

not true, it's only contact is before the barrel tapers.

I didn't say I knew for sure. I was thinking it MIGHT hurt the harmonics or some other effect on accuracy. Like I said, it won't improve accuracy. The thing I did not think about was if it comes loose and gets launched down range. Now I would never get one.

I put in the SierraPapa trigger, hammer, reduced power hammer spring, stainless steel guide rod, and bolt to recoil spring. http://www.sierrapapacx4.com/

That trigger group does seem like a pretty worthy upgrade. I hate the stock trigger. I have no dinero now, but I start a new job next month. Once the first few paychecks come in, I think I'll be giving sierrapapa a call.

That trigger group does seem like a pretty worthy upgrade. I hate the stock trigger. I have no dinero now, but I start a new job next month. Once the first few paychecks come in, I think I'll be giving sierrapapa a call.

the FCG will still wobble and be a little shitty.. BUT with that said.. the sierra papa package does clean up some of the slop.. and is also adjustable....

would buy again..