7-3-2

Sp-01 vs 75b

I am really leaning towards my next handgun purchase being a CZ, I'm really looking at the SP-01 because I like the Accessory rail and the night sights. Has anyone here shot them both are there any real differences between the two that I should keep in mind? Thanks!!

I've shot both and to answer both questions: Yes and Yes. Although I would just buy the Kadet pistol if you want a plinker. I'm not too crazy about conversion kits.

I chose the SP-01 over the 75B because I prefer the SP-01's tactical look to that of the 75B.

I'm in the same boat, kinda. I've never shot a CZ, and I've only ever fondled the 75b, but I knew that I was going to get one as soon as I put it in my hand. It just felt right. My brother has the SP-01 shadow custom and he really likes it, but he lives in Australia so... quite a long drive.

ShoreShot didn't/doesn't have them for rent (I just called). I'm still getting one (leaning towards the SP-01) when this OGAM thing is over in about 3 weeks. I'll let you know when I get one and you can try it.

I've shot both and to answer both questions: Yes and Yes. Although I would just buy the Kadet pistol if you want a plinker. I'm not too crazy about conversion kits.

I chose the SP-01 over the 75B because I prefer the SP-01's tactical look to that of the 75B.

I'm not looking for just a plinker honestly im looking for another 9mm i was just curious because if I wanted to purchase a plinker in the future it would be MUCH easier to just buy a conversion kit instead of going through the process of trying to obtain another permit.

I'm in the same boat, kinda. I've never shot a CZ, and I've only ever fondled the 75b, but I knew that I was going to get one as soon as I put it in my hand. It just felt right. My brother has the SP-01 shadow custom and he really likes it, but he lives in Australia so... quite a long drive.

ShoreShot didn't/doesn't have them for rent (I just called). I'm still getting one (leaning towards the SP-01) when this OGAM thing is over in about 3 weeks. I'll let you know when I get one and you can try it.

Yeah I'm in the same boat ... already have the M&P and like it for what it is but I really want a metal hammer fired pistol in 9mm now. The CZ just appeals to me, I think I'm definitely going the route of the SP-01 though. Seem like nobody is able to get there hands on the tactical though.

I just sold my CZ Shadow Custom Target (based on the SP01). It was listed on the marketplace here, but sold two days ago elsewhere. One thing I have learned (at some financial expense of course) is that I like my handguns to be well balanced. The full dust cover/accessory rail made the gun very heavy (which might be OK by itself), but also (and bad for me) really front heavy. This was excellent for shot repeatability and coming back on target. It was not excellent for transitioning from one target to the next. In my experience, I find it easier to train to get my gun on target quickly (shooting 10mm and 45ACP is good practice), than to learn to swing a boat anchor around quickly. If I ever buy another full size 9mm (a big if since I own a CZ P01 and an HK P7, two of my favorite ever), it will not have that Terminator looking dust cover. Be sure to look at the CZ 75 Shadow when you compare to the Shadow SP01. This is based on the lighter CZ75 frame without the rail. Remember, the Shadow designation for 75 and SP01 models just means that there is no firing pin safety. This allows for a smoother and lighter trigger pull. Needless to say, if I had to do it all over again, I would have done this comparison first and chosen differently. As usual, I am a cautionary tale for others. Or I could make it sound better and say I am doing research for others benefit, at my own expense.:)

• Like 1

I just sold my CZ Shadow Custom Target (based on the SP01). It was listed on the marketplace here, but sold two days ago elsewhere. One thing I have learned (at some financial expense of course) is that I like my handguns to be well balanced. The full dust cover/accessory rail made the gun very heavy (which might be OK by itself), but also (and bad for me) really front heavy. This was excellent for shot repeatability and coming back on target. It was not excellent for transitioning from one target to the next. In my experience, I find it easier to train to get my gun on target quickly (shooting 10mm and 45ACP is good practice), than to learn to swing a boat anchor around quickly. If I ever buy another full size 9mm (a big if since I own a CZ P01 and an HK P7, two of my favorite ever), it will not have that Terminator looking dust cover. Be sure to look at the CZ 75 Shadow when you compare to the Shadow SP01. This is based on the lighter CZ75 frame without the rail. Remember, the Shadow designation for 75 and SP01 models just means that there is no firing pin safety. This allows for a smoother and lighter trigger pull. Needless to say, if I had to do it all over again, I would have done this comparison first and chosen differently. As usual, I am a cautionary tale for others. Or I could make it sound better and say I am doing research for others benefit, at my own expense.:)

Thanks that actually makes a lot of sense and I could see how that would be a bit of an annoyance. I guess the only reason I really preferred the SP-01 was for aesthetics/accessory rail. Now you've given me another point to take into consideration.

Other than than the Beretta 92, the CZ 75B in brushed stainless with night sights is probably the most beautiful pistol I have ever seen. I'd go with the other one, as she would be too much of a distraction.

Excellent info!!!