boxjeff

Guns & amo from other states?

Providing the rifles and/or shotguns are NJ compliant and the dealer is willing to sell to you. Laws of both the transaction state and resident state must be followed. That means FPID & COE for long guns.

If I buy shotguns or rifles and also amo, including amo for pistols, from gun shows and legitimate gun shops in other stated, then drive them back to NJ am I committing a crime under NJ law?

You could load up a van with an many NJ compliant rifles and shotguns as you like as long as you do a COE on each one. Now fill up that trailer your pulling with as much Rile and Pistol ammo as you like and drive it home and pack it away.

As long as the rifles and shottys are legal in NJ and you are transporting them correctly you are good to go with all of this. Now a Pistol would need to go through a NJ FFL.

Harry

Can you show me why he can't do this??

Harry

harry I believe you misinterpreted Bones' answer, the OP was asking if that activity would break any laws, and Bones is telling him that he is NOT breaking the law.

harry I believe you misinterpreted Bones' answer, the OP was asking if that activity would break any laws, and Bones is telling him that he is NOT breaking the law.

Thanks, after reading it and looking at it that way it make perfect sense, :icon_mrgreen:

and to Bones, sorry dude, I miss read your post. :friends:

Harry

Thanks, after reading it and looking at it that way it make perfect sense, :icon_mrgreen:

and to Bones, sorry dude, I miss read your post. :friends:

Harry

No worries. I probably could have been a bit more clear about it anyways.