jose830

Want to give thanks to the one that worked all night and still working...

Amen to that...if it wasn't for my tireless pump I'd be knee deep in water right now. Due to it's dedication and hard work my basement is bonedry.

I came to the conclusion several years ago that I would never be able to keep the water out of my basement,

so I had a company install french drains around the interior walls of the basement. On the walls is basically

a pool liner epoxied to the actual walls, and the bottom edge of the liner attaches directly to the french drains.

The water comes through the foundation, runs along the liner, and drains into the french drains. All the water then flows straight to the sump pump.

I also have an industrial sized dehumidifier that sucks the remaining moisture up and drains that into the pump hole. It has an intake the size of a Mack truck grill, no joke.

All in all, some dampness in certain areas, but dry overall.

Keeping water out of my basement is more of a per-cautionary thing. Clean gutters sandbags around the windows and simple hand dug drainage channels work wonders here. We have a dry well under our drive way and for the garage, it got really backed up and couldnt drain the volume all at once and started to flood the garage, our sump pump kept the level low, and once the rain stopped the water disappeared down the drains. We live on a hill and our neighbors are slightly more elevated and we were in the path of the flowing water, it was just a matter of directing it around the house.

I'm sure people are really depending on there pumps right now and for those w/ out power even more on the generators to run the pumps.