tanghan

Which ADCOR B.E.A.R. upper to choose?

I'm thinking of building my first rifle with ADCOR B.E.A.R. Piston upper. I like the idea of EZ cleaning and the forward charging handle.

But I'm not sure which model to choose: the one with or without iron sights? here's the link:

My link

I called them and was told that the the magpul sight is installed on the rail. The price is about $120 diff. Should I buy the sight myself and how hard could it be?

Also the diff between regular model and 'elite' model is that the later is hammer-forged barrel instead of button- broached. The price is $110 apart. Is it worth? How bad is button- broached process in terms of accuracy and life?

TIA

ADCOR also has another variant in the works with an extended rail and 18" barrel coming out soon that has piqued my interest. I think its based on the Elite, but with the longer upper. This will be available in a full rifle and upper-only from what ADCOR told me. No dates available yet. If this upper is under a grand street price, i'll definitely be on it.

ADCOR%252520BEAR%25252018.jpg

got it:

The 18", full length rail version due to be out in the next several weeks has real estate infront of the charging handle for accessories

ADCOR also has another variant in the works with an extended rail and 18" barrel coming out soon that has piqued my interest. I think its based on the Elite, but with the longer upper. This will be available in a full rifle and upper-only from what ADCOR told me. No dates available yet. If this upper is under a grand street price, i'll definitely be on it.

ADCOR%252520BEAR%25252018.jpg

I called them and was told that the the magpul sight is installed on the rail. The price is about $120 diff. Should I buy the sight myself and how hard could it be?

SKD has the Magpul sights for $86.90 for both (use coupon code SUCKIT for free shipping)

Rear http://www.skdtac.com/Magpul_MBUS_Back_Up_Rear_Sight_Gen_2_p/mag.483.htm

Front http://www.skdtac.com/Magpul_MBUS_Back_Up_Front_Sight_Gen_2_p/mag.482.htm