TheLugNutZ

Range trip to Philly Archery & Gun Club

So i had a chance to go to Philly Archery & Gun Club with someone I met in another gun forum. He initially invited me so i could try out his PPS (was thinking about picking one up) but then proceeded to show me his list of toys and told me to pick a few i wanted to fire. So I gladly selected an array of mostly guns that are a no go in NJ..

The entire collection:

http://scrubadub.imgur.com/Y7P18#wbNoR

Here were a few of the better shots:

DE .50AE

JGyoFh.jpg

aGOzuh.jpg

.308 Pistol

mbXe9h.jpg

Shotgun (not sure model, but this thing hurt!)

Hc1AWh.jpg

ywtT3h.jpg

AR pistol

vKPD3h.jpg

Also got to fire this full auto mac10 (this vid is the same gun but its not me or the same day...)

All in all very cool experience.

• Like 2

Cool! Looks like a great time!

I know some people that go there but I've never been there. I know for certain that I don't know that guy in the video.

I like those ranges with the full, sloping backstop like that. Like Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA, a little north of Philly. Rather than a drop-in trap.

Really nice...

btw what forum did you go for PA?

reddit.com/guns

not a PA specific forum...

Cool! Looks like a great time!

I know some people that go there but I've never been there. I know for certain that I don't know that guy in the video.

I like those ranges with the full, sloping backstop like that. Like Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA, a little north of Philly. Rather than a drop-in trap.

what is crazy to me is that this place lets you fire ANYTHING in there, and there is litterally a pile of rubber as the backstop. I agree there are worse, but i would be VERY concerned living next door to that range, esp people shooting off .50 in there..

Shotgun looks like a Serbu Super Shorty.

http://www.serbu.com/top/superShorty.php

Probably. After 500s, they are probably one of the most common defensive shotguns in PA. Purpose self-defense, not makeshift. You just find them when you open a cabinet looking for toilet paper in somebody's bathroom. As AOWs they are NFA but the tax stamp is only $5, and they are also cheap, thus very popular. They are also small enough (like almost all SBR/SBS/AOW/MGs with short barrels) that you can carry them loaded in a car with a PA LTCF. I've seen several but never shot a single one. Must be a hoot.

I shot my very first pistol there when I was quite young, a Beretta Cougar m8045. I remember Jessepe, an old italian guy, teaching me how to shoot it. My sister lived right around the corner from there so every time we went to visit her my dad would take me there and we would rent guns. Eventually when I turned 16 my dad got "me" a mosin and we would bring it there. We joined, too. But my sister moved out and I stopped going. They left a foul taste in my mouth when they wouldnt let me function test my 1919 there. I was going to sandbag it or tripod it (both of which are less likely to shoot stray than any conventional rifle) and they looked down at me like I was a retard and said "you need a stock to safely shoot that thing!" and wouldnt let me shoot it. Ignorance and attitude mixed together is just icky.

Also, another aside (although not really negative towards this place since it happens everywhere...) I was probably 16 because I had just gotten my mosin, had experience shooting the mosin, a garand, SKS etc and when I asked to rent the AR15 the guy says you cant handle that, its an ASSAULT RIFLE! :icon_rolleyes:

shotgun is actually a KEG 12..

trying to find out what the .308 pistol is..

the HK clone you were talking about.

Here is the whole group of photos, if you keep clicking, you can see the progressive shots and might be able to tell what the gun is..

http://scrubadub.imgur.com/Y7P18#wbNoR