Sign in to follow this  
chris327

cherry ridge fun shoot?

I think the 2x4 shoots are great and is a lot of fun. But i don't know of any other competitions they have at cr that are informal such as that. And that is only 4 times a year. Any ideas for an event? Maybe a zombie shoot or something? I just want something we can go to have fun and not just regular shooting paper. I dont think cr will allow any type of moving and shooting. But please present any ideas. I would like this to be open, not limited to certain firearms. Rifle or pistol either way but just not limited to soviet guns, or cmp, or bolt guns. Also would prefer to not be a 200 yard match as i think most people do not regularly shoot at 200 yards. I will try to organize it if there is anyone else that is interested in helping organize or has experience with this let me know. Any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated.

Seems like a great idea. It would be fun to shoot competing against others, while not being too serious as it's informal and more for fun and getting to meet others. From reading the thread, the Old Bridge zombie shoot seemed like a lot of fun. I guess it all depends on what CR will allow us to do. What about having a double elimination competion where we break up people in different brackets and have a dynamic tree shoot-off...winner moves on, loser moves to the loser's bracket. However, this may be limited to 22lr as I think CR only allows metal targets on the 22lr range. I'll be meeting with John this week and I'll ask what they're willing to consider.