7-3-2

Why??!!??!!

Okay so I'm sure a bunch of you saw my post about wanting a wheelgun specifically the GP100 or a .22lr paper puncher. So I pick up my permit and go swing by Rahway Firearms Guild and the two guns that catch my eye are the PX4 9mm and the GSG 1911 22lr. So I'm asking for help because for weeks I was sold on the GP100 and now that I have the permit I just went back to square one lol. I know I can't be the only one who does this ... Help me through this tough time haha.

If you need a defensive gun for home safety, get the PX4. The ammo will be cheaper that .357/.38 and you will have more rounds. If you want a fun range gun, get the 1911-22. Once that gun is broken in, you will be pleased with it! Personally, I would pickup a GP100 after getting a 9mm. And, it would give you some time to find a used one.

See if you can go to the range with others and test them, first. You can try the 1911-22 at a range, but I don't have a membership, yet.

I think you have to think efficiency here, and what you'd like to do with the 'new' gun. Let that make the choice for you.

If you want something to practice with at the range every so often, but most of it's use will be in the safe as a home defense gun, then get the GP100.

If you want something to practice with at the range very often, and not have to worry about ammo prices or how much you shoot at a range session, and possibly compete in a .22 pistol competitions, then get the .22..

The .22 will give you much more trigger time and practice. You already have a defense gun, and the M&P does it well. However, I'd hold out for a revolver in .22-- there's a good chance that GSG is ammo sensitive.

I used both of my first 2 permits in 2 months. I wish I had thought out my second purchase more before jumping on something I liked at first glance.

Ruger GP100 or Ruger SP101 22LR.

The GSG 1911-22 is real nice. But, it is a little ammo sensitive. I think just about ALL 22LR semi-automatics are. But, once you find the ammo it likes, stock on that and you will be just fine. If Budget is not that much of a concern, checkout a CZ Kadet.

I still say you should checkout a 22LR double action revolver. Be somewhat patient and get the S&W 617 or a new Ruger SP101. In my humble opinion, this should be a staple in everyone's collection. You won't look back. And, it is easier to load at the range than ANY semi-automatic and will shoot just about anything. Versatile/Survival minded/steel.

If you are on a budget, look at a Charter Arms Pathfinder or Taurus 990/992 (add. magnum cylinder), but avoid the Taurus 94.

And, if you can find a nice deal on a Ruger Single Six, that might be fun, too, but get it with the combo magnum cylinder. Try a single action, though, before you buy one.

I say Ruger SP101 for now, and GP100 on the horizon. 22 revolver is a staple, and the GP100 or S&W 686 are staples.

Yeah I really want that SP101 22lr right now and ::crosses fingers:: I think I found one!!

If you get one before me, I want to hear about it... accuracy, trigger, fiber optic sight, etc.

If you get one before me, I want to hear about it... accuracy, trigger, fiber optic sight, etc.

No prob, put a deposit down on one yesterday so its all a matter of if it comes in like its supposed to :icon_e_biggrin: Oh and your always welcome to come shoot mine one day if our schedules work out.