Underdog

Scope needed for 10-22

My father has a stainless, 10/22 w/ synthetic stock and weaver mount and 1-inch rings. I want to get him a nice scope for it for under $100. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Just ordered this guy for my 795. hopefully the rifle and scope will be in before this weekend. I can give you a 1st hand review after i take it to the range. but for the money, all the reviews on that were very good.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-4x32-rimfire.html

• Like 1

I like the better Bushnell glass - not so much the Trophy & Banner lines. People on this forum seem to think highly of Nikon scopes and they have a rimfire scope available for right at the $100 mark (Google: Rimfire, scope).

Whatever you ultimately decide on, make sure that it is deemed a "rimfire" scope. What this means to you is that on scopes without parallax adjustment (usually scopes <10x have fixed parallax) the fixed parallax will be more in keeping with rimfire ranges rather than centerfire ranges (50 yds vs 100 yds for example).

Good luck in your quest.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

How much magnification are you after?

Personally,for the price, my Mueller 3-9 has been a tank. It's been bashed around on my gun for nearly 3 years and has never drifted off zero and it's nice and clear. Not quite under $100 though so you're looking at the entry level stuff.

I have an NCstar 3-9 that I put on my AR http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/guns/bushmaster-scope.jpg It works ok. I think I got it at optics planet for about 90 bucks.

I was just looking at this scope last night and again today, not sure if I'm going to pick it up but I do like it for my Marlin Golden 39A.

Harry

I got one for my 10/22. Never even mounted it. It sure does look nice though, very clear. I just sold the 10/22 and ordered a CZ 452 American 16. Should be a nice little combo.

• Like 1

I might have to pickup a CZ 452, too, or a Savage Bolt.

I was considering the Savage FV-SR but after reading some horror stories on rfc, I decided to spend the extra and go with the CZ. My previous experience with the 452 is all it really needs is an adjustable sear to make the trigger light and crisp. They are very well made and accurate.

BSA Sweet 22 is pretty cool at your price point. 3-9x40 and it comes with 3 elevation drums calibrated to different bullet weights that act as a drop compensator out to 200 yards.

Just got one of these in the mail the other day. Waiting on a rail adapter for my 795 now...

Hopefully i'll be at Dix attempting to zero it over the weekend :)