gimmemym1

Went out and bought my dream car this weekend.

Just though of this, don't drive it to work, you will never have the excuse that you can't make it to work due to snow. :)

Harry

Yes but he could always say he couldn't come to work because he was too busy saving people's lives by rescuing them

here is a better pic of the shift pattern and some engine pics. The trans has a high and low gear so the truck actually has ten gears. The winch i believe is rated for 10,000 pounds. Yes the thing is verrrrrry loud, if you drive for more than a few mins you want to put ear plugs in. Hopefully if I get some time before it gets cold I'm going to repaint the truck.

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

There are a few cars out there with that shift pattern and I've heard it referred to as a "racing" 5 speed pattern. The logic being if you're driving in a road race you aren't using first or reverse after the race starts.

I have a couple race cars, and while they do put 1/R over to the left, in this truck 4 and 5 are reversed, which would make it very odd shifting with any kind of speed...

I have a couple race cars, and while they do put 1/R over to the left, in this truck 4 and 5 are reversed, which would make it very odd shifting with any kind of speed...

You are correct. I thought they were referring to the relation of reverse.

You can get the maintenance manuals online, if you haven't.

Also, +1 on draining the airtanks. It might actually take a few minutes at times to build up the air pressure with that BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! noise and that is why a lot of people skip it.

But the thing is the pressure int he airtanks actually squeezes moisture out of the air and makes water appear and sit in the system.

Maintain the air dryer too. This is your brake system so don't neglect it.