Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

CCI Mini mags in an older gun

I have an old Colt Officers Model Match in 22lr that was built in the 50s (I believe). Is the CCI mini mags too hot for that revolver or does it not matter? Pizza Bob, Old School, and Smokin .50! What say you's.

Revolver? why would it?

I thought maybe since the Mini Mags are much hotter than regular 22 ammo that it might damage the gun. Although it's an exact copy of it's cousin the Officers Model Match 38.

I thought maybe since the Mini Mags are much hotter than regular 22 ammo that it might damage the gun. Although it's an exact copy of it's cousin the Officers Model Match 38.

They are around 15-20% more fps than a cheap plinking round. I don't hesitate to shoot them in anything, but pretty much only shoot CCI AR tactical these days (which I just found out was the same velocity, but 6gr heavier than mini-mags, so actually more energy!

Man, I hate these questions. Not because they are difficult to answer (as has been said, Ray, you're GTG), but because, invariably, the "older" firearm in question almost always turns out to be contemporary with me - and that just makes me feel older still :icon_mrgreen:

Adios,

Old Pizza Bob<---not to infer there is a "New Pizza Bob"

They are around 15-20% more fps than a cheap plinking round. I don't hesitate to shoot them in anything, but pretty much only shoot CCI AR tactical these days (which I just found out was the same velocity, but 6gr heavier than mini-mags, so actually more energy!

Melg,

check out my chrono fun thread.

CCI Mini Mags, especially out of a revolver, were not that much higher, at most 50 fps. CCI Blazer, were as hot as CCI Mini Mags. out of a Smith 617 revolver.