Rob0115

AR15 build

Started to build a custom AR15 using the AR15.com billet lower. I have a question about the stock because NJ requires a fixed stock. I'd really like to get a Magpul but they are all adjustable. Can that be pinned like my bushmaster to meet the requirement?

Make sure when you are drilling you are actually going into the little tracks on the bottom of the buffer tube and not into the tube itself. A buddy of mine made this mistake building his lower and then spent an hour figuring out why the bolt carrier group wouldn't retract. :sarcastichand:

use a small roll pin. Drill in through the stock into the buffer tube. Insert Pin. Done.

This. I had to do it recently with my AR build. It's not hard to drill through, but you're better off using a drill press to make sure it goes through evenly. If not, it will likely be worth $20 to have someone do it for you.

I have access to a drill press and that's what I was going to use. Thank you though, better safe than sorry.

Good luck with it. As long as you're careful, you should be fine. I used a 3/4" long pin, which seemed to be the perfect length for my stock. I used a standard M4 stock, and the pin is recessed about a c-hair on each side. Just measure the stock, and the tube first. As long as it holds it in place without sticking out, you should be fine.

P.S. If you are feeling any kind of guilt for ruining a perfectly good stock, don't worry, it will fade with time.

Good luck with it. As long as you're careful, you should be fine. I used a 3/4" long pin, which seemed to be the perfect length for my stock. I used a standard M4 stock, and the pin is recessed about a c-hair on each side. Just measure the stock, and the tube first. As long as it holds it in place without sticking out, you should be fine.

P.S. If you are feeling any kind of guilt for ruining a perfectly good stock, don't worry, it will fade with time.

Yup, I blind pinned my Magpul MOE twice, one on each side just so there was no doubts about it.

Although you said you bought a UBR, which AFAIK already comes with its own receiver extention so Im not sure how to pin that.