Genewarper111

NJ2AS meeting, October 20th

Hi everyone, I'm posting as a regular NJ2AS member, not an officer of the society.

I was at the meeting last night, at the Gun For Hire facility in Bellevillle. There were about thirty people there, fewer than usually present in Tom's River meetings, which was a pity, because there were some important things discussed.

Bob Barush, our legislative and legal guru summarized the current state of Operation Establish Compliance, and the almost comedic attempts by the State to avoid revealing the contents of the guidebook for firearms applications investigations. The effort and the success of this project can't be overstated, so please take the opportunity to thank Bob and his team when you can.

Frank Fiamingo, our President, showed "The Video" and discussed its origin and development. This video and how it fits with the broader strategy for opinion change, is a key part of the Society's effort to broaden the debate about firearms in New Jersey. It's a long term approach which has considerable wisdom and needs our continued support. Frank is very keen to bring all the various gun owner populations - hunters, pistol sports, self defense and so on - together, so it's incumbent on us all to reach out to our shooting friends of all hues and bring them to a meeting.

Finally, Anthony Collandro talked about the coming elections and the importance of getting the vote out to support candidates who do not have an anti-gun record.

So, even though there was no guest speaker, it was a strong meeting. There are lots of exciting things coming up, including a series of "New Shooter" sessions. Bring someone to one of those!

Great meeting, Frank. Please keep it up.

G

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm posting as a regular NJ2AS member, not an officer of the society.

I was at the meeting last night, at the Gun For Hire facility in Bellevillle. There were about thirty people there, fewer than usually present in Tom's River meetings, which was a pity, because there were some important things discussed.

Bob Barush, our legislative and legal guru summarized the current state of Operation Establish Compliance, and the almost comedic attempts by the State to avoid revealing the contents of the guidebook for firearms applications investigations. The effort and the success of this project can't be overstated, so please take the opportunity to thank Bob and his team when you can.

Frank Fiamingo, our President, showed "The Video" and discussed its origin and development. This video and how it fits with the broader strategy for opinion change, is a key part of the Society's effort to broaden the debate about firearms in New Jersey. It's a long term approach which has considerable wisdom and needs our continued support. Frank is very keen to bring all the various gun owner populations - hunters, pistol sports, self defense and so on - together, so it's incumbent on us all to reach out to our shooting friends of all hues and bring them to a meeting.

Finally, Anthony Collandro talked about the coming elections and the importance of getting the vote out to support candidates who do not have an anti-gun record.

So, even though there was no guest speaker, it was a strong meeting. There are lots of exciting things coming up, including a series of "New Shooter" sessions. Bring someone to one of those!

Great meeting, Frank. Please keep it up.

G

Thanks G. Your review of the meeting is dead on. After one year of existence, we have the structure in place to have a much greater impact, but we NEED more members. Politicians are impressed not only by mere "numbers", what "moves" them are *ACTIVE* members - i.e. people who will VOTE and help to get other's to vote. The general apathy that pervades NJ (though a bad thing) *CAN* actually work in our favor. The upcoming elections in November are a prime example. Sadly voter turnout in NJ is PATHETIC. The advantage is - *IF* we FREEDOM-LOVING activists can actually show up to vote, and encourage other LIKE-MINDED people to do the same - we can determine the outcome of some of these districts. There isn't a lot of time left, but there are PLENTY of resources out there. Check out the NRA list of candidate for *YOUR* district. Contact their campaign headquarters. Volunteer to put up signs, knock on doors, make a few phone calls. I made calls for Jon Runyan when he was running. It is EASY. DONATE to these campaigns. They still need money for last minute pushes. You don't want to be sitting here in a couple of weeks complaining about being STUCK with the same "business as usual", ANTI_GUN_OWNER representatives we have had for decades. If you get out there (even at THIS late date and actually *DO* something, we can win some important seats. At the VERY least you will be able to look at yourself in the mirror and say I did something.

One *EXTREMELY* important race that I know we can win if you will help is the Assembly race in District 6. I personally vetted the candidates Horton and Richardson who are running against Lou "10 round mag limit" Greenwald. Both candidates are strongly pro-2A and went so far as to commit to supporting a CCW bill. All it would take is for us to mobilize the hunters and sportsmen from Square Circle and South Jersey Shooting Club and we could thrown Greenwald out on his a**. It is up to you. You can contact their campaign coordinator - Sarah Crosbie at [email protected], or preferably by calling (856) 296-2895 and offering to volunteer. This is a seat we can *WIN*! Good luck and don't forget to VOTE!

Thank you,

FJF

Sorry I missed it, I usually make the meeting up at GFH, but lost track of what day of the week month nd year it is with all the stuff going on in life. I didn't check the website and I didn't see anything here about the meeting reminding people it was coming up, not an excuse for me at all, I should pay better attention, but if there was a thread about it here the turnout may have been a little better, at least by 1 person. :icon_mrgreen:

Harry

• Like 1

Sorry I missed it, I usually make the meeting up at GFH, but lost track of what day of the week month nd year it is with all the stuff going on in life. I didn't check the website and I didn't see anything here about the meeting reminding people it was coming up, not an excuse for me at all, I should pay better attention, but if there was a thread about it here the turnout may have been a little better, at least by 1 person. :icon_mrgreen:

Harry

Agreed Harry. I apologize. I have the same problem as you - too much to do, not enough time. I neglected to post it here. I will put someone in charge of making sure that there is a post for every meeting.

Thanks,

FJF

• Like 1

Harry

Agreed Harry. I apologize. I have the same problem as you - too much to do, not enough time. I neglected to post it here. I will put someone in charge of making sure that there is a post for every meeting.

Thanks,

FJF

if there was a thread about it here the turnout may have been a little better, at least by 1 person. :icon_mrgreen:

Awww Rats! I was waiting for the next meeting at GFH since I cannot get to Toms River. I never saw the meeting announcement and I had a free night and was looking for something to do.

Awww Rats! I was waiting for the next meeting at GFH since I cannot get to Toms River. I never saw the meeting announcement and I had a free night and was looking for something to do.

Guys, again - I apologize. Things got away from me this month. I did send out emails to all the members. Are you guys members? If not, please join ASAP. we *NEED* you. I JUST assigned someone to make sure that all our meetings and events are posted here, but the best way to stay in touch is to visit our website, and as I said, become members. :-) HEY, I gotta push, it is my job. Seriously, if some of you guys have been waiting to join, "NOW IS THE TIME!!!" We just wrote a BIG check to our attorney for the retainer to litigate against these towns and municipalities that are trampling upon our rights. We need you to be informed, active and involved if we are to succeed, for *ALL* our benefits.

Of course, if we are missing the boat somehow - please feel free to tell us what we can improve. Now that we have our "feet under us", we can begin to do more (with your participation, of course).

Thanks Guys.

Frank I have been a member for a while but no E-mail notification, I'll go check out the NJ2AS website being I haven't been over there in a while and see if I can update my profile and see if I can add my E-mail address so I am on a lits other the the S-List.:icon_mrgreen:

Harry

Frank I have been a member for a while but no E-mail notification, I'll go check out the NJ2AS website being I haven't been over there in a while and see if I can update my profile and see if I can add my E-mail address so I am on a lits other the the S-List.:icon_mrgreen:

Harry

Let me know if you have any problems and I will intervene. Harry, YOU are always on my "good" list!

I was there last night (except for the first few minutes). As others have noted, I had to double-check to make sure I had the right night. I sat in the back wondering if there were other NJGF members there. Frank, perhaps at a future meeting you might ask for a show of hands for NJGF members and posters, as I'm always eager to meet the people with whom I "speak" on this site.

I was there last night (except for the first few minutes). As others have noted, I had to double-check to make sure I had the right night. I sat in the back wondering if there were other NJGF members there. Frank, perhaps at a future meeting you might ask for a show of hands for NJGF members and posters, as I'm always eager to meet the people with whom I "speak" on this site.

Good point! I will try to remember to do that, but if I forget - please feel free to remind me. I think it is a REALLY good idea.

I did send out emails to all the members.

Indeed you did. I just went thru my email, and lo and behold, there it was... an email from Oct 10th that referenced the meeting on the 19th. My apologies... I'm usually pretty good about keeping up with emails, but somehow that one went unnoticed.

Will do my best to make the next one at GFH

Indeed you did. I just went thru my email, and lo and behold, there it was... an email from Oct 10th that referenced the meeting on the 19th. My apologies... I'm usually pretty good about keeping up with emails, but somehow that one went unnoticed.

Will do my best to make the next one at GFH

No worries. I can get pretty behind on my emails from time to time.

One *EXTREMELY* important race that I know we can win if you will help is the Assembly race in District 6. I personally vetted the candidates Horton and Richardson who are running against Lou "10 round mag limit" Greenwald. Both candidates are strongly pro-2A and went so far as to commit to supporting a CCW bill. All it would take is for us to mobilize the hunters and sportsmen from Square Circle and South Jersey Shooting Club and we could thrown Greenwald out on his a**. It is up to you. You can contact their campaign coordinator - Sarah Crosbie at [email protected], or preferably by calling (856) 296-2895 and offering to volunteer. This is a seat we can *WIN*! Good luck and don't forget to VOTE!

Thank you,

FJF

how about renting a billboard in greenwalds district looking for members, or have some of those cheep election type signs made up. i'm sending another donation do with it what you will.