Sign in to follow this  
mrlew

Recommend me some hunting footwear

What kind of hunting?

Dry uplands I have a pair of LL Bean Kangaroo skin chukas

Others... LL Bean duck boots. Same pair for 15 years... replaced the soles twice and uppers once, but the same damn boots. Cost $75 and $20 to resole.

What kind of hunting?

Dry uplands I have a pair of LL Bean Kangaroo skin chukas

Others... LL Bean duck boots. Same pair for 15 years... replaced the soles twice and uppers once, but the same damn boots. Cost $75 and $20 to resole.

Mostly uplands. Got to agree with with the LL Bean duck boots. I've had the same pair for at least 25 years.

This is the one item not to cheap out on. Happy feet make happy hunters. I had a pair of Rocky's for years that were good. I picked up a pair of Irish Setters a few years back and love them. Very comfortable for a day of pheasant hunting. I am hard on boots, aside from my size I go through all the crap and muck the dogs go through and these things are holding up great. Danner makes a great boot and I was told that Wolverine makes Merril(my prefered hiking boot). I wear steel toe Wolvorines for work and can not complain about them.

This is the one item not to cheap out on. Happy feet make happy hunters. I had a pair of Rocky's for years that were good. I picked up a pair of Irish Setters a few years back and love them. Very comfortable for a day of pheasant hunting. I am hard on boots, aside from my size I go through all the crap and muck the dogs go through and these things are holding up great. Danner makes a great boot and I was told that Wolverine makes Merril(my prefered hiking boot). I wear steel toe Wolvorines for work and can not complain about them.

I have a pair of Rockys that i thought were absurdly expensive when I bought them. 2 years later im just as happy as the first day i took them out.