this_is_nascar

How's Your HD Shotgun Loaded?

Then you could alternate load through the ejection port, close the bolt and go.

yea but then you would have to fish out the round from the reciever to have it ready to load something else and for someone that uses their gun weekly as I do that would be rather annoying.

Not to mention if the sh+t really hit the fan and you didn't have time to throw a round into the action you would have to cycle it twice

Alternating rounds in the tube is just silly... in the dark, after just waking up, how are you possibly gonna remember which shell you're on??? Just load it with buckshot, and you're good to go. 2.75" 00, and loaded for as little recoil as possible.

yea but then you would have to fish out the round from the reciever to have it ready to load something else and for someone that uses their gun weekly as I do that would be rather annoying.

Not to mention if the sh+t really hit the fan and you didn't have time to throw a round into the action you would have to cycle it twice

That's why I would prefer the down loaded tube, since that offers the most versatility. :hunter:

Don't get me wrong, wasn't advocating leaving the receiver open as a good/convenient method of loading; I just wanted to point out that it was an option.

Mossberg 500A w/1 rd of #4 reduced recoil buckshot in the chamber & 7 rounds of Winchester #00 buckshot in the tube. Safety on.

Also have a sidesaddle w/4 slugs, but I have zero intention of utilizing them in a HD scenario. They're only on there because I lost the box they came in.