Sign in to follow this  
vladtepes

Carrying Firearm In PA State Forest...

Its been legal to carry concealed there, the castle doctrine that was passed over the summer should allow you to carry open there.

The concealed part is 100% correct, but a representative of PAOC (PA Open Carry.org) is trying to pin down DCNR on OC. If you read the new PA Castle Doctrine it does indeed seem to eviscerate the OC prohibition, but to get DCNR to come out and admit that is another story. The law is pretty straight forward and I don't know how it could be interpreted otherwise, but caution dictates that until the DCNR categorically states that OC is OK on land under their domain, I'd play it cautious and only CC.

One gets the feeling that some of the results of passage of PA's Castle Doctrine are unintended consequences - this OC on DCNR land being one of them.

Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The concealed part is 100% correct, but a representative of PAOC (PA Open Carry.org) is trying to pin down DCNR on OC. If you read the new PA Castle Doctrine it does indeed seem to eviscerate the OC prohibition, but to get DCNR to come out and admit that is another story. The law is pretty straight forward and I don't know how it could be interpreted otherwise, but caution dictates that until the DCNR categorically states that OC is OK on land under their domain, I'd play it cautious and only CC.

One gets the feeling that some of the results of passage of PA's Castle Doctrine are unintended consequences - this OC on DCNR land being one of them.

Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I would tend to completely agree.