JimSulli

Starting Research for the new hobby

Hello all. I'm from South Jersey. I grew up shooting, but have not shot in a long time. I'm impressed with all of the newest technologies out there for shooting.

I have submitted my application for my FPP and Handgun Permit.

The things I've been researching are:

Semi Auto Pistols (So far between SW 1911, Ruger 1911, Beretta 92, and Taurus pt99)

.22 rimfire Rifle. (Think I've decided to start with Savage MarkII)

Shooting Clubs and/or ranges

And the final thing...Can I shoot on my family's property (42 acres, no where near other houses with plenty of burms and cover.

Any feedback on this would be great. Looking forward to diving into this hobby.

I'm in Franklinville, Gloucester County. A lot of open land down here. I'm not interested in hunting, but some of my family hunts on the property, obviously only with shotguns. But I'm wondering if handguns and .22's can be discharged there.

I used to shoot at USANA all the time. That's where I learned to shoot actually. But last time I googled it, it came up that it is a paintball facility. I don't think they have a website.

I'm noticing that comprehensive data about discharge laws are very difficult to come by. I may just call a town lawyer.

Thanks for the welcome.

I live in Cherry Hill, welcome. I used to run around that area alot on business with the twps and if I remember correctly there is NO firearm discharge prohibition on private property in Franklin Twp.

You can check here on the Municipal Code website (http://www.ecode360.com/FR0192)

I would call local PD Chief also and invite him out to see your property and where you intend to shoot, displaying the berms and angles away from homes. A little preventive medicine might go a long way here.

By the way, if you need any labor in exchange for access to shooting area just let me know. I have another close friend that we are collectovely looking for a range where we can do drills and transitions without being questioned by understably strict ROs. I would love to help you setup your area if you need some help and add another shooting buddy to the group.

Hello all. I'm from South Jersey. I grew up shooting, but have not shot in a long time. I'm impressed with all of the newest technologies out there for shooting.

I have submitted my application for my FPP and Handgun Permit.

The things I've been researching are:

Semi Auto Pistols (So far between SW 1911, Ruger 1911, Beretta 92, and Taurus pt99)

.22 rimfire Rifle. (Think I've decided to start with Savage MarkII)

Shooting Clubs and/or ranges

And the final thing...Can I shoot on my family's property (42 acres, no where near other houses with plenty of burms and cover.

Any feedback on this would be great. Looking forward to diving into this hobby.

Check with your municipality on no discharge and/or noise ordinances. Also, do not rule out a Glock. Gotta try one.