vladtepes

Sell me on bladetech...

I have a raven.. and for CC of my Glock 23 WITH light it works fine.. no complaints.. but ON the belt.. eh.. I feel I could do better..

looking at bladetech.. I want the slimmest tightest to body profile.. any pictures of it being worn on the belt? how is it working for you?

sometimes I open carry but wear a shirt that is a little bigger and it turns more into a discrete open carry.. and that is the role I am looking to fill..

Discrete open carry? Sounds like "holster that does a terrible job of concealing" to me. Either you conceal carry, or you open carry. I have no idea what you are saying you want to do. However you do it, whatever is comfortable, that is up to you. I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish though.

Discrete open carry? Sounds like "holster that does a terrible job of concealing" to me. Either you conceal carry, or you open carry. I have no idea what you are saying you want to do. However you do it, whatever is comfortable, that is up to you. I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish though.

Open carry that can be covered by a larger untucked shirt.

There is a post on here where someone mentioned problems with a Blade Tech holster, and a rep from Blade Tech actually joined the forum and offered suggestions. They literally have a person who searches forums all day looking for problems.

That's what I call customer service.

I've already decided that my next holster will be a Blade Tech just from that conversation alone. I don't see how you can go wrong.

Then why in the world would you call it what he did? I have carried with an OWB holster that allows me to conceal or not depending on my clothing. But saying I was "discrete open carrying" doesn't make sense and is confusing. I don't get it. If what he is looking for is a nice, low profile, tight fitting, minimalist OWB holster, it looks like bladetech has something that fits that bill.

let me try to break it down for you...

when I stay in PA.. I stay in a town with next to no crime.. no one is really opposed to guns.. and no one really cares.. I am not giving up some huge "tactical advantage" by open carrying.. BUT at the same time.. I will at times go to places like the mall.. I went there today.. I wore a loose flannel and my Glock 27 in a Blackhawk holster.. under the shirt.. it is basically concealed.. the idea is I do not need to go out of my way to conceal it in the same way I would on the streets of Philly.. I could carry IWB but prefer "open carry" simply because it is more comfortable.. I carry a gun ALL the time in PA.. so just looking for a nice tight to the body holster that creates a discrete carry situation where it is not fully concealed as in IWB.. but not like "HEY LOOK AT MY BIG GUN AND LIGHT ON MY BELT"

hopefully that explains it..

Then why in the world would you call it what he did? I have carried with an OWB holster that allows me to conceal or not depending on my clothing. But saying I was "discrete open carrying" doesn't make sense and is confusing. I don't get it. If what he is looking for is a nice, low profile, tight fitting, minimalist OWB holster, it looks like bladetech has something that fits that bill.

well hopefully John cleared it up.. and you get what I am saying..

want to carry discretely on the belt with the slimmest tightest profile possible so it is not overly obvious..

There is a post on here where someone mentioned problems with a Blade Tech holster, and a rep from Blade Tech actually joined the forum and offered suggestions. They literally have a person who searches forums all day looking for problems.

That's what I call customer service.

I've already decided that my next holster will be a Blade Tech just from that conversation alone. I don't see how you can go wrong.

Yep, that was me...

Tessa the BladeTech rep was really helpful.

Here's the link. My link

I'm not sure if they carry anything that matches your particular needs but I can vouch for there excellent customer service.

Good Luck Bro!

This is just my personal experience with the holsters I have, but, for me, nothing brings the gun as close to my body as the Raven "style" holster - i.e. pancaked kydex made by Raven, AtomicDog, NTAC, etc. By their very nature, they're generally quite a bit slimmer than your average bladetech or comp-tac. This isn't a dig at bladetech, they're just slightly chunkier because they use one thicker piece of kydex instead of 2 thinner pieces for the main body of the holster.

Out of curiosity, which loops are you using on the Raven for OWB carry?

This is just my personal experience with the holsters I have, but, for me, nothing brings the gun as close to my body as the Raven "style" holster - i.e. pancaked kydex made by Raven, AtomicDog, NTAC, etc. By their very nature, they're generally quite a bit slimmer than your average bladetech or comp-tac. This isn't a dig at bladetech, they're just slightly chunkier because they use one thicker piece of kydex instead of 2 thinner pieces for the main body of the holster.

Out of curiosity, which loops are you using on the Raven for OWB carry?

they are like the pancake ones.. but go over the belt.. they are not available on the site anymore..

they are like the pancake ones.. but go over the belt.. they are not available on the site anymore..

Have you tried these?

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/accessories/owb-modular-accessories/owb-eclipse-modular-accessories-standard-owb-belt-loops

For me at least, the combination of a raven and those loops is very concealable with a loose flannel shirt.

Have you tried these?

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/accessories/owb-modular-accessories/owb-eclipse-modular-accessories-standard-owb-belt-loops

For me at least, the combination of a raven and those loops is very concealable with a loose flannel shirt.

all I have to say is wow.. pain in the a** to take on and off.. but wow.. they really pull the gun in tightly.. now I am glad I did not get rid of it..

Yep, that was me...

Tessa the BladeTech rep was really helpful.

Here's the link. My link

I'm not sure if they carry anything that matches your particular needs but I can vouch for there excellent customer service.

Good Luck Bro!

Hi Nick! Thanks for the kind words!!

I saw this post last week, but it was also posted on our Facebook page so I didn't chime in here, but since you guys are talking about me now, I figured I should say hi! ;)

@vladtepes Sounds like it worked out with pieces you already have, love it when that happens!

Happy shooting!

Tessa