bry@n

Sig Sauer .22 Rimfire Conversion Kits

I love my P226 but I bought one of these kits during the last special that they ran and it fit like CRAP!! The slide wouldn't go into battery at all. Just beware, the quality wasn't that great. I sent it back...

Jan

The stock plastic guide rod is crap and probably contributed to most of the issues. I upgraded mine to SS and it has been 100%. Also don't dry fire the gun with this kit on since the firing pin will peen a slot in the upper area at the rear of the chamber face. This will cause a high spot and will cause FTF issues. I don't know if Sig have addressed this issue recently.

The 22 kit also does not lock back after last shot and you'll always drop the hammer on an empty chamber unless you always count your rounds. There are mags out there that will allow the slide to be "locked" back on the last shot.

Always use high velocity 22s. Mine has been running 100% with CCI Mini-Mags.

There are mags out there that will allow the slide to be "locked" back on the last shot.

Might want to double check if you have both type of mags or someone can confirm, but if people like the slide to lock back on the last round fired (I know I do), you may want to check the followers. The difference is more than likely just a small notch out of 1 corner of the follower. So if you like this feature, it might be cheaper to order followers if available to change it from one way to the other.

Yes.. that's essentially what it is. followers that protrudes enough to get in the way of the lower part of the breech on it's way back to battery. Unfortunately they only sell the mags altogether when I was looking for those.

Might want to double check if you have both type of mags or someone can confirm, but if people like the slide to lock back on the last round fired (I know I do), you may want to check the followers. The difference is more than likely just a small notch out of 1 corner of the follower. So if you like this feature, it might be cheaper to order followers if available to change it from one way to the other.

OK now I remember. I did get only the follower from this guy and purchased extra stock mags to mod using his upgrade parts. They made the kit so much better. Although the price was a little steep IMO.

Google "SigPower". They offer aluminum followers that lock the slide back, as well as shorted magazine plugs to extend the capacity to 15, as well as higher power springs to help feed all 15. SS guide rods too!