AverageJoe

Firearm Sales Way Up During Holiday Season

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/12/13/firearm-sales-way-up-during-holiday-season/

ROCKLIN (CBS13) — If you’ve pulled the trigger on a new firearm this holiday season, join the club.

As in your neighborhood shooting club, because faster than a speeding bullet, guns are going out the door.

Well, not right away, of course — there is that 10-day waiting period, 11 here at TDS Guns in Rocklin, where Bob Norgard wasn’t caught off-guard.

He’s making his purchase today so he’ll have his firearm under the Christmas tree as he joins a growing number of people who say they’re simply “doing what they need to do to protect themselves and their family.”

This surge in gun sales — the best holiday sales season in three years, according to the Firearms Dealers Association — got a shot in the arm on Black Friday.

“Black Friday sales were off the charts this year,” a TDS employee said.

FBI stats show the number of background checks done on Black Friday three years ago pales in comparison to the number done this year — a 32-percent jump.

“People are just coming in to protect themselves,” the employee said. “I think there’s just a lot of things going on in the world that are getting people thinking.”

More women are buying guns than ever before as criminals get more desperate.

Like break-ins while people are at home sleeping. It’s happened twice in a few weeks in a Rocklin neighborhood.

TDS Guns says at least three women from the area have come in to buy a gun because as one victim told CBS13: “I’m gonna be ready for the next time.”

I always say, the economy has affected everything but gun and ammo sales.

Seriously. Walk into any gun shop or hunting store and there are always people buying guns or whatever. Especially Cabela's, you walk into that place and it's ridiculous how much people fill their carts with crap...you take a look inside that store and you'd never know we are having this recession.

This is our best holiday season ever. We cannot make them fast enough. Have to field phone calls from angry people because they can't get a gun is no picnic, but there are worse problems to have :D

Talking about that, whats up with the AR7, you hardly ever see then in the stores, and if you do, I never see a decent price on them, I have even seen above MSRP on 1 occasion. :icon_evil: