Sign in to follow this  
intercooler

Spotting Scopes, Looking For One. What To Look For

well these just don't make alot of sense to me. I would like to get a decent spotting scope that i can use to go to the long range at cherry ridge with my m1. (it is 200/300yards) I mainly shoot at 100 yards or less but would like to get one that will do either.

what scope to get? Konus? barska? I can figure that $250 ish is my budget

I bought a Konus 20-40 for about $100 on Dvor. great scope, great optics.

Same ones as what the High power guys use at CJ to shoot 300 yards, can easily see bullet holes at 300 yards (308 caliber)

22 is a little tougher to see.

I bought this on sale for $198 a couple of years ago. Some guys here got it for $145 I think at DVOR a few months ago.

Good scope.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/466045/konus-spotting-scope-20-60x-80mm-with-tripod-photo-adapter-and-soft-case-armored-green?cm_vc=2432BrandPopProd

Konus, from what I've read, gives you the most "bang for your buck" in an economy priced scope. Get the biggest objective lens that falls within your budget - with the Konus that would be the 80mm objective - kick it up $50 and you can get a 100mm objective. 60x is the absolute max and if you don't have the big objective you'll be hard put to make use of all that magnification.

One other thing - invest in a good scope stand - tripods, like you mount a camera on, suck. Look at Freeland spotting scope stands. About $125 - so it can go on the wish list for later. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob