Sign in to follow this  
Twpbaseball10

Firearm "assault feature"

is this true? just saw it on aother forum about NJ

"If it's an AR-15 type-rifle we're talking about, the brake or compensator must be permanently pinned or welded in place.

A semi-automatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(This means that if it is a semi-automatic rifle and has a detachable magazine it can have ONE of the following features and still be legal, but if it has two or more, then it would not be legal in the state of New Jersey.)

(1) A folding or telescoping stock;

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) A bayonet mount;

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;

(5) A grenade launcher "

Does this mean I can have an adjustable stock on my AR if I have just that? or a flash supressor if if thats the only thing I have? I though all of these were illegal? I thought there was no flash supressor, but you could have a muzzle break as long as it was perminetley attached, and you could not have an adjustable stock

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29389-nj-law-summary-read-first-nj-gun-law-faqs/

as pointed out you may have a detachable magazine and ONE additional feature.. for most that is a pistol grip..

the link I provided has a ton of information including the evil features for other firearms.. shotgun.. pistol... etc..

There are some funky looking AR stocks that are designed to not be a pistol grip. I have no idea if these are OK in NJ, or if it's really even worth the wierdness. riflesfull.jpg.

This pic make me sad. Looks like a 30-30 lever rifle and an AR had sex.

Monsterman grips look way nicer and are not considered pistol grips.. well in CA they arent...

http://www.monstermangrip.com/Customer_Photos.php

• Like 1

This pic make me sad. Looks like a 30-30 lever rifle and an AR had sex.

Monsterman grips look way nicer and are not considered pistol grips.. well in CA they arent...

http://www.monsterma...omer_Photos.php

The Bullet Button and it's clones are legal in Cali too....but having one installed HERE Doesnt make your magazine non-detachable. Some people assume that because something is Cali-legal, it's automatically legal here. I personally wouldnt want to roll the dice on the Monsterman grip

is this true? just saw it on aother forum about NJ

"If it's an AR-15 type-rifle we're talking about, the brake or compensator must be permanently pinned or welded in place.

A semi-automatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(This means that if it is a semi-automatic rifle and has a detachable magazine it can have ONE of the following features and still be legal, but if it has two or more, then it would not be legal in the state of New Jersey.)

(1) A folding or telescoping stock;

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) A bayonet mount;

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;

(5) A grenade launcher "

Does this mean I can have an adjustable stock on my AR if I have just that? or a flash supressor if if thats the only thing I have? I though all of these were illegal? I thought there was no flash supressor, but you could have a muzzle break as long as it was perminetley attached, and you could not have an adjustable stock

You get 2 "Evil" Features, in NJ, those are your Pistol Grip, and the ability to accept a Detachable Magazine.. Sorry

You get 2 "Evil" Features, in NJ, those are your Pistol Grip, and the ability to accept a Detachable Magazine.. Sorry

detachable mag is NOT an evil feature.. that is a part of the qualifications for needing to play the evil feature game.. semi auto and detachable mag allows you to have ONE evil feature.. two magically transforms the gun into an evil assault weapon..

• Like 1

Kudos to Vlad. He does good work and does not even mind me and all of us Albert Einsteins who repeat the same $hit over and over and expect a different outcome. LOL.

I bet you could condense the main and important NJGF points of all time/all posts in three pages. But then after all it is fun.

What is the main reason why jersey don't allow flash suppressor? i can understand permanently welded bc if its not you can put a silencer in there eyes

Save yourself a headache, don't try to apply logic to NJ gun laws! There are lots of laws that are on the books put in there by uninformed and ignorant lawmakers that just do not make any sense.

• Like 1

Save yourself a headache, don't try to apply logic to NJ gun laws! There are lots of laws that are on the books put in there by uninformed and ignorant lawmakers that just do not make any sense.

Why won't we all gather n do something about it. Don't forget us citizens vote these dumb laws and if we stick together and complain maybe we can accomplish something

Why won't we all gather n do something about it. Don't forget us citizens vote these dumb laws and if we stick together and complain maybe we can accomplish something

No, we don't..other than complaining to the legislators, we have pretty much NO say.