Yellowshaker

RRA with EOtech

I have had the AR for a while now and have been looking ofr a scope setup for it. I asked here for some opinions and you guys were all very helpful. i appreciate that. I decided to go with the MPOII from Eotech and an A.R.M.S buis, which fits comfortably under the 3x magnifier. What do you guys think?

IMG_20111213_220012.jpg

IMG_20111213_220027.jpg

I have heard nothing but good things about RRA's guns. As I said, I have yet to fire this one, but friend's of mine own them and say they perform flawlessly. This is why I bought it in the first place...and at this rate, I'll never have to worry about problems with it. It'll be new forever. LOL

I have the eotech mount 1/3 cowitness i got for free when i ordered my rra, the operator 2 sale they seem to have year round includes a free rear sight of 3 u get to choose from. Only issue with RRA built rifles... make sure u know what comes on the rifle... operator 2 comes with an HBAR barrel. Way to heavy for my liking, im replacing it with a bcm light weight, but then again the barrel costs as much as the free rear sight i choose. Solid rifles for sure, a bit on the heavy side tho. They tend to use all the heavy/strong components on their factory rifles. My front sight post weighs almost a pound, which is getting replaced with a low profle GB. Im gonna shave down the FSB to get rid of the 3 sling attachments and lower rail, and have the barrel re-profiled and im gonna build a 2nd AR with those.

For what u get, an RRA LAR-15 is very hard to beat for the price when it comes to complete rifles. If you do buy one, dont get it from a store, My local shop has them for 200 above MSRP when in stock, pick an FFL of your liking and have them order it for u. RRA actually lists their prices so u will know if a store is ripping u off.

If i ever get a 3x mag for my eotech my RRA will look just like urs... very sexy!

I like the magnifier. The sight has the BDC built into it with 4 dots that are supposed to be up to 600 meters. With the magnifier, the sight is very cclear and I think it should be quite accurate one it is zeroed. Without the magnifier, the reticle is not quite as clear, but this is normal,a s per Eotech's manual. Again, it also depends on the intensity setting and lighting conditions. All around, I like this thing alot and hope to become proficient with it soon. Anyone have any suggestions on the best ranges to try this thing out?

Here are a few more pics with the GG&G cover installed. I don't think it is something that absolutely needs to be installed, but a friend gave it to me, so why not, right? I took a couple of oics of the sight powered up. The first is with the sight only and the second is with the magnifier. The brightness setting is the same in both pictures.

IMG_20111229_094742.jpg

IMG_20111229_094813.jpg

IMG_20111229_094838.jpg

IMG_20111229_095002.jpg

IMG_20111229_095018.jpg

What model Eotech xps is that? i though they only had the 0,1 & 2. single dot W/ ring, single dot and double dot w/ ring? looks like u have 4 dots in that ring? I see it has the latch..opmod?

Dust covers are a huge plus!! keep that glass clean when SHTF!

The eotech light intensity will effect its clarity. It's a true laser/holo sight. The higher the intensity the grainier it becomes, due to the lights tendency to act as particles, not normally as distinguishable using LEDs. There is a sweet spot u will find during different lighting situations where the reticule will become clear and sharp. You just have to find that sweet spot. U can really see what im talking about if u turn the thing all the way up in a dim room. I tend to put my light setting a few clicks above visible, but i also have good eyes. Where u focus your eyes will determine clarity too, focusing on the retucule will result in it being blurry since your eyes have a hard time adjusting to it, focus on your target and the reticule will sharpen.

It is the EXPS3. Yes, it has 4 dots.

Well, like I said, I had the cover, so figured I'd throw it on the sight. Too bad the magnifier don't have covers while being stored though...oh well.

I did realize that focusing on the target brings clarity to the sight, like you said. I messed with the settings in different lighting conditions and again, you are right. There is a sweet spot for it. I can't wait to try this thing.