sky1

1st AR purchase...

Happy Holidays to you all !

I'm new on this site. I would like to buy a AR, of course my first visit to the Gun shop was a bit discouraging. Every model i researched at home was on the NO- NO list! I am now checking out a Wilson Combat brand does anyone know if this company has any AR's that pass the NJ laws? Just wanted one to shoot at the gun range. Thanks again.

Sky1

You went to shops in NJ that had non-compliant AR's??? As far aas I knew, manufacturers would not ship a non compliant gun to an store.

No, he researched them at home. Meaning he found rifles on the computer that he liked, asked about them in stores, and was told that they weren't legal.

That being said, there's a lot of FFL's that will do compliance work on a rifle, for an extra fee of course. Use the price request feature, and in the notes column request the price for compliance work to be listed as well.

Best bet is to say what price range you are looking at and what you will use it for.

If I was going to recommend something I'd probably suggest BCM for the mid priced stuff and noveske or kac for the upper end stuff. For the price of a Wilson I would definitely recommend noveske.

But please list a price and plans for what you think and we can make a recommendation. My suggestion, based only on my research, as I don't own an AR would be a midlength 16" or 14.5". If you want simple, something with a fixed front site and moe handguards would be perfect and look great. Flat top receiver with a flip up rear site. A BCM in that config will be about $1100. Noveske $1500. If you want quad rails and low profile gas blocks then the price goes up