Underdog

New Ruger SR22

You can scratch that. I picked an SR22P up yesterday from Brick Armory. Well its not in my posession at the moment. You can check out the New Firearms Owner forum for the whole story. A little bummed but i did get to send a150 rounds down range with it.

A local vendor said he could get one in in about 5 days and that it would be $499. If I was in the market for one, I might be willing to go as high as $375 for one, but I would never pay $500 for one when I could get an all-steel Mark III or even a 22/45 for around that price. Maybe Ruger wants to phase out the more pricey ones and replace with polymer. Anyway, if that is the street price for these, they can keep then.

Got mine for $310.

I've never liked the Mark 1/2/3... looks too much like a Nazi Luger.

Ugly as sin imo.

Plus, I like that the manual of arms is identical to 95% of the handguns out there.

It seems most .22LR handguns are very picky about ammo.

Most reviews on the SR22 show it eating-up everything it's fed.

Accuracy is reported to be phenomenal.

Never felt "good" about the P22's zinc pot metal slide, that would randomly crack for no reason.

Last but not least... It's a Ruger, Made in the USA.

Got mine for $310.

I've never liked the Mark 1/2/3... looks too much like a Nazi Luger.

Ugly as sin imo.

Plus, I like that the manual of arms is identical to 95% of the handguns out there.

It seems most .22LR handguns are very picky about ammo.

Most reviews on the SR22 show it eating-up everything it's fed.

Accuracy is reported to be phenomenal.

Never felt "good" about the P22's zinc pot metal slide, that would randomly crack for no reason.

Last but not least... It's a Ruger, Made in the USA.

"Most" is subjective, but I can tell you all my .22s eat whatever I feed them. I'm wondering if that was myth from back in the day that still gets quoted. I believe these newer guns are much more capable of shooting just about whatever you feed them.

A local vendor said he could get one in in about 5 days and that it would be $499. If I was in the market for one, I might be willing to go as high as $375 for one, but I would never pay $500 for one when I could get an all-steel Mark III or even a 22/45 for around that price. Maybe Ruger wants to phase out the more pricey ones and replace with polymer. Anyway, if that is the street price for these, they can keep then.

Wow that is insane. I was insane for paying retail price of $399. I couldn't imagine paying a penny above. I didn't like paying that but it is hard to find so I said screw it. I thought the white box was cheesy as well.