Tactical Turtle

ambi ar lowers

The only things you need to make a "standard" lower into an "ambi" are:

-an ambi safety selector (~$20 DPMS)

-an ambi mag release (~$90 Norgon)

The upper is another story altogether.

Stag Arms makes true left-handed uppers. I use their varmint upper as the basis of my match gun. It's less than $100 more than their right-handed models.

The only things you need to make a "standard" lower into an "ambi" are:

-an ambi safety selector (~$20 DPMS)

-an ambi mag release (~$90 Norgon)

The upper is another story altogether.

Stag Arms makes true left-handed uppers. I use their varmint upper as the basis of my match gun. It's less than $100 more than their right-handed models.

So if I buy a completed lower and just bought and installed those parts it would work. Hmmm so all this I read online about pressed in ambi mag releases is just a way to make me spend more lol. As for the bolt release I'm just gunna put a bad lever from magpul

Im sorry but I disagree with njJoniGuy. You can not turn a reguler lower into an ambi lower as he described......

As a left-handed shooter, I do not need a BAD to close my bolt. The Stoner-designed release is already on the proper side for me.

Since you disagree with what I have already done (and have an NRA Expert High Power classification card) what else, in your opinion, needs to be done??

Well, I am sure you understand the meaning of the word ambi? Thats great for you that a non ambi lower works for you lefty in that discipline but not everyone does the static shooting you do. Not everyone wants AMBI controls because they are south paws. Lots of people want ambi contols because they actually transition to weak side shooting OR they like how the AMBI bolt release speeds up their slide lock reloads when shooting around a strong side barricade......

To make any normal lower into full ambidextrous, get a bad lever, a Troy ambi mag catch, and your favorite ambi safety selector. You can now run the gun with either hand from either side, and if something breaks you can still use all mil-spec parts.

I know that many have successfully run bad levers...but I also know many that have had issues. IIRC GRT Tactical wont even stock or install them anymore. I never have used one because I just couldnt wrap my brain around it as a bolt on so i do not speak from experience on it. I do recall also reading that it was not really designed for slide lock reloads either, only type 3 malfs. So in my opinion, if its a have to have, then a lower designed as much may be te way to go. If its not for your ultimate apocolypse gun/competition gun/training class gun where a complication could be costly, then indeed the bad may be the way to go.

If you want the best, I have a POF-USA Gen3 in NP3 in stock with the Ambi-Bolt release included for $320.

pof_np3lower.jpg

Lookin at this one how does the ambi mag release work?? Most I've seen have been a lever on a pivot kinda like a see saw to pull on the release instead of pushing on it, is there an actual button or just a piece of metal acting like a switch