reloaderguy

Bloomberg slanders gun law victim

This is the sort of thing that reinforces the fact that you should never, ever tell the police anything. If for some reason you have to tell them something, for god's sake, don't tell them the truth.

Some states lying to a LEO will land you in prison. I think NY is one of them.

The thing is, in many parts of the country, owning and carrying a firearm is the daily norm. These people dont understand how some parts of the country are so different. Same thing with LEO's, it's not unherd of in many parts of the country to be very familiar with and trust worthy of the cops in your area. These are logical people, who visit retarded illogical areas of the country, where they would fall over dead if they read some of our laws.

The thing is, in many parts of the country, owning and carrying a firearm is the daily norm. These people dont understand how some parts of the country are so different. Same thing with LEO's, it's not unherd of in many parts of the country to be very familiar with and trust worthy of the cops in your area. These are logical people, who visit retarded illogical areas of the country, where they would fall over dead if they read some of our laws.

True. Around here, I'd go so far as to say cops were out to get you, not just untrustworthy. Must be nice living in the actual US, wherever it is.

Thanks guys... As a LEO I feel so comfortable knowing that the citizens out there feel like you... Just a FYI... Cops are "out to get" the BAD guys.. Not looking to lock up innocent people.. Unfortunately you get scenarios where good people break the law.. In the cases with the NY tourists getting locked up with guns.. The people might be good people and but unfortuantely they broke the law.. We can't just look the other way when someone has a gun on the street and is not supposed to be carrying.. Lying to the police is not a great option.. Get caught up in your lies and you can get charged with obstruction and/or hindering.. It is never a great option to lie unless you have something to hide..

Thanks guys... As a LEO I feel so comfortable knowing that the citizens out there feel like you... Just a FYI... Cops are "out to get" the BAD guys.. Not looking to lock up innocent people.. Unfortunately you get scenarios where good people break the law.. In the cases with the NY tourists getting locked up with guns.. The people might be good people and but unfortuantely they broke the law.. We can't just look the other way when someone has a gun on the street and is not supposed to be carrying.. Lying to the police is not a great option.. Get caught up in your lies and you can get charged with obstruction and/or hindering.. It is never a great option to lie unless you have something to hide..

Hey man, don't take it personal. Some LEO's are out to get people, don't ask me why. I've had enough encounters with the police to see both sides of the argument. I've met really nice ones, who are generally just trying to do the right thing, and who on more then one occasion have given me a break. On the other hand ive had the exact opposite experience. In my town its a 50/50 chance, some of the guys are really nice, respectful and all around good guys, while others seem to have something to prove. Either way, i would never tell someone to lie to LEO's, or treat them in a disrespectful manner. You deal with different kinds of people all day long, just like we have to deal with different LEO's. I didnt want to sound disrespectful to you or any of the other LEO's on here, but i treat u guys like i treat every other person. When i see genuine respect i return it.

My point was, in other parts of the country, they have small police forces where everyone knows each other, which is a far cry from what we have in this area...