Ray Ray

Blow out Kit's, whatcha got?

Since we are in a dangerous sport/passion/pass-time we should definitly have something to use in case the unexpected happens. For those that don't know what a Blow out Kit is it's a first aid kit for shooters.

What do you gents (and ladies) have and use?

In my range bag I have a pack of quick clot, sterile gauze, a tourniquet, and some non latex gloves. In my car I have a pretty well set up BLS bag with more dressings, airway stuff, steth, SAM splint, bp cuff, etc.

Im more than likely going to take out the quick clot though, because I'd only be able to use it on myself. Its out of my scope of practice, and if I were to use it on someone else it could get my cert pulled.

Typical kit in the car includes...

1. 1x QuikClot® Combat Gauze™ Hemostatic
  2. 1x HALO Chest Seal
  3. 1x 14G Decompression needle
  4. 1x Nasopharyngeal Airway 28F w/ Lubricant
  5. 1x Israeli Bandage 4”
  6. 1x Ace Bandage 4”
  7. 1x Z-Pack gauze
  8. 1x Combat Casualty Card
  9. 1x Pencil
  10. 2x Gloves
  11. 2-4x Pairs of sterile latex gloves
  12. 1x Medical tape
  13. 1x Shears
  14. 1x Petro jelly
  15. 1x Duct tape
  16. 1x Clamps

Like Nick said, Yes :) Altho, I keep mine in a Maxpedition FR-1

http://www.maxpediti...ouch-14p404.htm

Nice size for a carry kit. Similar to the EMT pouch http://www.condoroutdoor.com/ma21emtpouch.aspx and at Booth 25403 at the Shot Show if anybody's out there.

I have a JustIN Case mini medic kit, it has basic stuff for "boo boo's" plus some pads and such for bigger wounds but if I got shot I would probably just bleed out.

Question, Was it not quikclot the hemostatic the army stopped using because it causes chemical burns or something of that nature?

I have a JustIN Case mini medic kit, it has basic stuff for "boo boo's" plus some pads and such for bigger wounds but if I got shot I would probably just bleed out.

Question, Was it not quikclot the hemostatic the army stopped using because it causes chemical burns or something of that nature?

Yes. The Army stopped using that version of the product. It was replaced with a different formula and subsequently is now impregnated into the gauze. I understand it is carried by all of the special forces groups and in many of the IPFK's (Individual Personal First Aid Kits) .

Yes. The Army stopped using that version of the product. It was replaced with a different formula and subsequently is now impregnated into the gauze. I understand it is carried by all of the special forces groups and in many of the IPFK's (Individual Personal First Aid Kits) .

Combat gauze is the hemostatic agent of choice for the Army. It's all over not just with SOCOM guys.

IMG_1896.jpg

Tactical Tailor First Responder Bag

Contents:

x1 medic sheers

x6 pair Large Nitrile Gloves

x2 Combat Gauze

x2 CAT

x3 Compressed H&H Gauze

x1 28fr NPA w/ Lube

x1 Izzy Bandage

x2 Asherman Chest Seal

x3 2"Rolled Gauze

x1 Casulaty Blanket

x1 ACE wrap

I haven't checked my gear in a while and thanks to this thread I am. I am missing the following:

x1 CAT attached to exterior

x1 roll Duct Tape

x2 H Compression Bandages or Izzy Bandage

x1 H&H compressed Gauze

x1 addition 28fr NPA w/ lube