jcerillo70

Finally joining CJRPC the 25th !!!

Can you shoot a 9mm carbine like the storm on the indoor range or in the pits?

Indoor range is a no, pits yes, with restrictions.

You have to have a special use badge and the velocity can be no more than 1000 ft/s with lead bullets only, according to CJ's site.

http://www.cjrpc.com/index.cfm?wpid=14

EDIT - 1000ft/s doesn't make much sense to me. Some handguns will get their shots over 1000ft/s...

Indoor range is a no, pits yes, with restrictions.

You have to have a special use badge and the velocity can be no more than 1000 ft/s with lead bullets only, according to CJ's site.

http://www.cjrpc.com/index.cfm?wpid=14

EDIT - 1000ft/s doesn't make much sense to me. Some handguns will get their shots over 1000ft/s...

They are catering to the cowboy action shooters with leverguns, not folks with modern carbines.

I live close by and if you wanna check it out during the week, pm me and I will take you over.

Even better Bry@n. I'll PM you later in the week. I'm eager to see your club. I appreciate your offer to take me over during the week. Thank you!

For the outdoor rifle and pistol ranges, is there a minimum target distance? For example, if I am shooting on the rifle range and also want to mix in some pistol, can I set up my target stands at 100, 50 and 15?

Hopefully NOT! Most Clubs make you put your target stands up against the berms, and for good reason! It's all about your "Cone of Fire" and how bullets impact the ground and can skip or ricochet up over the berms. RULES aren't there to piss you off, they're there for SAFETY. Not sayin' that you're not the exception who actually looks to see where the rounds impact behind the target frames, but I've seen plenty of lazy knuckleheads get chewed-out for placing frames mid-range and then standing-up to shoot them.

The RULES protect us all from the Knuckleheads' rounds that could skip over the berms!

Dave

At Dix the berm is way in the back, and the target stands can be setup at multiple distances, same for Easton, same for Shongum. So this is not the case at CJ? I would only be able to shoot pistol at 25/50, and rifle at either 200 or 300? So why is this club so popular and has over 2500 members?

Target stands must be 6 feet tall so there are no richochets off the ground. You may set up targets at different distances.

Having high target stands ONLY can enable rounds to impact the berm correctly. Where folks get into trouble is bringing old election signs (or other short items) to use as target backers, then pushing their wire prongs into the ground so that the bull is only a foot off of the ground.

CJ supplies HIGH Targets Stands. At Old Bridge folks bring all shapes and sizes, so the "NO mid-range Targets Rule" is enforced. So just be aware of where you are so you abide by the local Rules. I just didn't want anyone to get into trouble thinking that all ranges are the same. Some won't even let you carry unloaded in a holster......

Have a good night!

Dave

Well.. . I was there and unfortunately don't think I met anyone of you there. Tons of folks there though. Maybe I'll figure out who each of you are at the meeting next Wed.

Same here!

I do think I know who the asian with the Subaru is though! LOL!

Ken