BCeagle

Issue with a Para Double Stack 1911

My wife bought a Para 1911 S14•45 Limited for me for Christmas last year and its a pretty gun but I am having some issues with it. It shoots great, but the slide is really, really hard to pull back and when I shoot it every 2nd or 3rd shot wont shoot. The trigger is basically stuck and wont depress. Once I clear it, it works fine. It is ejecting the previous shell and cocking the hammer, but the trigger will not budge, no give nothing.

I tried cleaining it and oiling it very well but no help.

Any ideas.

SX1445Sphoto.gif

Have you ejected the magazine from the pistol? It almost sounds like the trigger bow is dragging on something...

I guess I can try seeing if it will fire, if I drop the magazine after it jams. It just annoys me thats its not every shot (just almost every shot) but that makes sense.

By the way, but for this issue, the trigger feels great.

My wife should know better and bought American :)

They are American.....North American. Manufacturing facilities in Canada and brick & mortar in the US in North Carolina. Most guys would be happy to have a wife or GF who buys them guns, regardless.

Before you send it anywhere tape that grip safety down or put some rubber bands around it and make sure the issue isn't with your grip. If you start milking the grip while firing you will release the grip safety, if you grip too high you will release the grip safety.

Give it to someone else to shoot and see if it happens with them.